13. Jumping

I'm leaving the hospital today and I couldn't be happier. My aunt is driving me home and I am currently getting my medication list. It's Wednesday so the guys are still in school. My nurses are going to wheel me to the door and I'll be on crutches from then on.

On the drive home I tell my aunt all about Cardo and she just smiles and laughs at the funny things. I've always been able to talk to her like this. My mom was always paranoid but she was the life of the party while my aunt was the listener. I find it funny though because my aunt is crazy as hell yet she can still be considered as a quiet person.

My aunt helps me up the stairs because I still have my cast. This new house is much different than the other house. It's not much more bigger except for the backyard. Once I'm in the bed I take my medication and I'm out like a light.

••••••••••••

Loud noises like yelling come from downstairs as I use the bathroom. I have faint scars on my face but I look way better than before. My dark brown eyes look wider than before. My lips look fully healed.

Coming out of the bathroom I grab my crutches. As soon as I sit down on the bed the guys walk in. I'm out of breath already and I walked like 2 inches, well I crutched. They look at me and laugh and I start laughing too before flicking them off and climbing all the way into the bed.

"What do you want?" I say closing my eyes.

"I love how you greet your man." Cardo walks towards the bed and kisses me on my forehead. I smile.

"Can I get one?" Carlos asks joking around.

"No man, just no." Cardo said.

I shake my head as they all come to hug me. "How's your mom?" I ask Ray as he hugs me.

"Shit ain't changed but she happy. She wanna meet you."

"I would love to meet her!" I say very excited.
"Alright, what about tomorrow?" he chuckles.

"I'll be there!" I sing out of tune. Carlos goes outside and I notice him pull out a blunt. "POT HEAD!" I yell before the door closes. His shoulders shake with laughter. Ray sits in the chair by my bed. Danny goes outside with Carlos on the balcony.

"About to light up without a Niggah." Cardo said while pouting a little sad. I want to kiss it away.

"You could go." I tell him and he looks at me like 'For real?'. I laugh and push him away. He goes out there and when the door opens smoke pours into my room. Ray hops up so fast I think I saw him trip a little.

My mom would always tell me about her experiences. She told how she couldn't stop laughing and how she made weed brownies. I laugh at the memory. Weed brownies sound disgusting. I lay there watching TV for awhile before dozing off.

Then I smell something so strong so close to me. I sit up abruptly and Cardo has his arms around me and its him. I lay back down because it smells kind of good. I've heard of contact high but I've never felt it because I've never been around it . Weed has its own identity and I can smell their's a mile away.

I sit up because I suddenly have the urge to use the bathroom. I throw my legs over the edge of the bed and I grab my crutches. "Where you going?" Cardo said sitting up and looking at me with red eyes.

"To use the bathroom." I reply getting up and going into the bathroom.

Cardo is waiting by the door and it creeps the fuck out of me so I jump. He laughs at me. Bastard. "Auntie said it was time for dinner. She said there are too many stairs for you so I'm supposed to carry you. Like a princess." I start laughing at the way he is saying all of this and the fact that he just called my aunt 'auntie' like she's his aunt too.

Out of nowhere he sweeps me off my feet and I scream his name. "Thats what you gone be screaming when I beat it up." he whispers in my ear. I slap his chest and we walk downstairs quietly. I wouldn't mind screaming his name.

My aunt is fixing plates when I walk in. "Hey Aunt Macy!!" I yell at her as we pass into the dining room. She smiles and I realize that the dining room is in the kitchen. When he sits me down he runs out while I watch the others smack on their food.

It's so nice to be surrounded by so much warmth. The food was banging ,my auntie can throw down. After a few minutes Cardo ran back in holding a ring box. He sat it next to me and kissed my cheek. Everyone looked at me and waited for me to open it. I let it sit there as I grabbed my fork and began eating. He is already buying me jewelry?

I can't except that from him. Or maybe its a cute joke and its not really any jewelry in the box. "You not gone open it?" Cardo asked.

"Uh yeah." I smile nervously. Slowly I drag the small box across the table closer to me.
When it gets to me I look up at everyone and my aunt is rolling her eyes at me with a smile. "You didn't have to get me anything." I laugh shakily.

"I wanted to."

I open the small container slowly and a pair of diamond earrings shimmer in the kitchen light. I closed the box and looked at him with wide eyes.

"You like it?"

"I love them but-"

"You love them." He nodded and smiled at me. I shook my head and laughed. After dinner I got Cardo to take me back upstairs for my bath.

I turned my pandora on as my aunt helped me into the tub. It's so difficult because I have to put this bag over my leg and its hurting so bad right now.

I call my aunt back in because I'm done but she doesn't answer. Grabbing my phone I get worried so I call her. She picks up on the third ring.

"Hey baby."

"Hey where are you?"

"I'm at the store getting a few things for Sarah. What's wrong?"

"I'm still in the bath and I need you to help me out."

"Do you trust that boy of yours not to try nothing?" I can't believe what I'm hearing. Is she suggesting that Cardo get me out of the tub while I'm naked?

"Yeah I guess but-"

"Well have him help you and no funny business or else Imma whoop yo ass so good that you ain't gone be able to sit for the rest of your life. Comprende?"

"Yes ma'am." I respond out of fear. My aunt is crazy as fuck. I wouldn't try her on my worst day.

I call Cardo in the bathroom and he rushes in but pauses when he sees and gives me a confused expression. I look away and explain everything to him. He just nods and grabs my towel. I try to lean up but I almost slip and just give up. He grabs my hands and pulls me up towards his body that has the towel over it. He wraps it around me and lifts me out of the tub.

I sit on the toilet and grab my medicine because my leg is killing me. "You good?" Cardo asks me as he lets the water out if the tub. I just nod my response as I wince in pain as I take the bag off. "You'on need me no more?" He asked kissing my forehead.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank You." I say taking my pills with my bottle of water. After I put on my pajamas I brush my teeth and crutch to my bed. Luckily my room is empty so no one has to see me in pain. That medication ain't 'bout shit because I'm still hurting. I contemplate taking more but I don't want to overdose.

I wince as I try to get comfortable and a tear falls from my eyes. taking deep breaths I think about anything but the pain and after awhile a close my eyes and go to bed.