8. Kitchen

When we pull into Sarah's driveway I park right by the stairs. My body still hurts so I want to walk as little as possible. Slowly I walk up the steps until Cardo comes and picks me up. I gladly let him carry me. When he puts me down I walk up another flight of stairs slowly declining his help. Laying on my bed I just think. A few moments later a knock comes on my door. Grunting I tell them it's open and in walks everybody.

"We about to go." Cardo says. He walks over and kisses my lips.

"Okay."

"We'll be back to check on you later." Ray said.

"Okay."

Then they left and I took some more medicine and went to sleep.

••••••••••••

As I'm Waking up I get up to use the bathroom. I lift up my shirt at and my bruise on my ribcage is turning bright red around the edges. The cuts on my arms are still the same. I could get some cream for those.

I smile and think maybe all I need is a lot of sleep so it can hurry up and go away. I'm starving. I go in the kitchen to see all the boys eating and sitting on top of the counter. I don't say anything I just go to the refrigerator and pull out some lasagna from 2 days ago. Heating it up I feel them staring at me.

"Hello. Is there a problem?" I ask with an attitude.

"Damn, Lena what's wrong with you?" Ray asks trying not to laugh. I glare at him in response. He knows damn well what's wrong with me.

"Let me find out you still mad." Carlos said getting up and walking towards me.

"I'll stop being mad when all my cuts and bruises go away." I say standing a little taller to him. He still towered over me but I felt strong.

"Awww, Leave her alone Carlos. She don't want no beef with us." Cardo said to them and they all busted out laughing. I just usmirk and get my food and walk out. They follow behind me and try to get my attention. I just go in the living room and sit on the couch eating and watching the Spongebob movie.

"Bruh, you petty as fuck." Ray says laughing at behavior. I just shrug and they all shake their heads and watch TV. When I'm finished eating I go and take my plate to the kitchen. When I come back to the living room Sarah is just walking in the door with a shopping bag.

"Hi Lena." she said to me smiling.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey Boys." She says to them on her way out of the living room. She sounds a little sad. I look at the spot she was just in and I realize I could have been a little nicer. Going to the cabinet I get my pills and take it with sink water. This headache I have is making me crazy right now.

"You still popping pills?" Cardo said coming into the kitchen with me.

"Why you worried. Worry about yourself." I state simply.

"Yo lil funky ass." He exclaims laughing.

I roll my eyes and continue doing what I'm doing.

He just nods his head with a smirk and leans up on the counter. I thought about asking him how he felt about me but I changed my mind. I don't want to be rejected by him and I don't want to start a relationship knowing my dad will freak. I'm not scared , I just don't want to hear his mouth.

"Say what you need to say." he said looking me up and down licking his lips. I lean up against the counter across from him and look him in the eyes. Here goes nothing.

"I like you."

He looks a fake shocked at what I told him. I knew I shouldn't have said anything. "I know. But you petty."

"I'm not petty."

"Shiiiit, says who?"

We just laugh and then Sarah walks in "Hello again." she said.

"Hey." I smile. She looks at me strangely and slows up her walking. She points between me and Cardo and a big smile comes on her face. I take this as my cue to leave.

•••••••••••••

Getting out of the shower I hear the guys in my room talking. You know me... I started listening to them.

"Ya boy finna be in a whole relationship." Cardo said.

"What?" Danny asks.

"Lena. She finna be my lil baby." Cardo answers.

"Bruh, for real?" Carlos said.

"Yup we gone take it slow though. None of that quick dumb shit."

"I see you. I see you." Ray says

"What you gone do when other Niggahs start talking to her at school." Danny asks.

"I'm gone shoot they asses."

"Bruh, you wildin'."

I laugh at that part quietly and finish getting ready for bed. Walking In the room I see the boys are all gone. I climb in bed and turn everything off and put my phone on the charger. As I'm slowly going to sleep I realize this is just the start of the life I'm living.

I wonder what my dad will think. Would he be mad? He's a good person but he developed anger issues when my mother passed. I think he lost his mind when she passed. My grandmother stopped talking to him a week after her funeral. My dad didn't have a family before my mom. He grew up in the foster system and I would like to think my mom saved him from a horrible lifestyle. He is the best dad in the world. I can't imagine what happened to me happening to him.

He loves Sarah though. She loves him too. Their wedding was small and I was the only one there to witness it. Typical Courthouse wedding. They both didn't wanna spend a bunch of money to invite a bunch of people they didn't know. Now we've moved in with her and started a knew life. I miss my old house sometimes but it was sad and dreary in there.

I can take my mom everywhere with me. In my heart, where she'll always be.