Chapter 2 - An Invitation

That night, Milena was packing some of her things into her trunk when she heard a light tapping on her bedroom window. She paused for a second before turning to face her window. A small silhouette was perched outside her window being faintly illuminated by the moonlight. She opened her window to let a bird in, realizing it was the same barn owl she had been looking at in the shop earlier. It was carrying a letter addressed to Milena and she recognized the messy writing as Fred's. She opened the envelope and petted the bird a few times as she read the letter.

Dearest Mills,

I know you said your mother would kill you if she saw that you had an owl, but I saw the way you looked at it in the shop window and I couldn't resist. I used a bit of the money George and I made from our products to get him for you. Don't tell George though, he doesn't know I used our money.

Anyways, I had another question to ask you. My dad's just got tickets to the quidditch world cup and he said I should invite you to come with us. Mum and Dad said you can stay with us the night before and come with us and then we can take you to the train to Hogwarts with us, if you're allowed.

The love of your life,

Freddie

P.S. If your mum asks, just say the owl is mine.

Milena absolutely loved quidditch, she made it onto the Gryffindor team in her third year as a chaser and loved every second she was on the pitch. Going to the quidditch world cup with the Weasley family sounded like a great time. She knew it wouldn't take much to convince her parents to let her go as they did like the Weasley family and they had let her stay at the Burrow for Christmas before. After a small conversation with her parents, they agreed to let her go and Milena beamed as she raced back to her room to write Fred back as quickly as she could.

Dearest Freddie,

I can't believe you actually bought me the owl. I'm not sure what I'll name him yet. Maybe Freddie Jr. would suit him? And I'll be sure to let George know that you used the money to spoil me right away.

About the world cup, my parents have agreed to let me go and I can't wait, it's going to be wicked I bet. I'll see you soon!

Signed,

The light of your life, Mills

Milena gave the letter to the little owl that was now happily sitting on the post of her bed and it flew away into the night. She decided to leave the window open as she closed up her now packed trunk and got herself ready for bed.

A few days later, Milena found herself waiting in her living room sitting upside down on her couch as her trunk sat next to the fireplace. She was tossing a crumpled piece of paper in the air waiting around for her friends to pick her up. A few moments passed as she waited until a small burst of green flames flew up in the fireplace and out popped Arthur Weasley who began to brush himself off. Milena turned herself right side up again with a smile across her face.

"Hello Mr. Weasley!" She greeted him.

"Hello Milena!" He greeted back, dusting the last of the ash off of his pants.

A few seconds later another flash of green fire lit in the fireplace and out came George Weasley nearly losing his balance but catching himself and looking up at Milena.

"Hey Milly!" He smiled. She smiled back and before she could greet him too, there was another flash of green fire and Fred popped out of the fireplace as well.

"Hi guys!" She said, giving a single wave.

"Hey love." Fred greeted smiling at her.

Milena went to hug the Weasley's as she called her parents to let them know that her friends were here to pick her up. After a few minutes of the adults catching up with each other and Fred and George telling Milena about the tongue growing product they had tested on Harry Potter's cousin, Arthur said that it was time to leave and one at a time, everyone stood in the fireplace shouting "The Burrow!" just before each one of them disappeared into the green flames. Arthur went last, making sure to grab Milena's trunk and saying goodbye to the Carter's.

Milena appeared in the fireplace of the Burrow where Fred and George were waiting for her on the other side as they had gone first. She stepped out and dusted herself off. Before she could get a good look at her favourite home, she was pulled into a hug by Molly who was once again cooing at her and telling her how much she missed her even though it had only been a few days. Once she finally let go, she saw that Harry and Hermione were already in the Burrow sitting around the table chatting with Ron and Ginny.

"Fred, George, take Milena's trunk up to Ginny's room then wash up for dinner." Molly said to the twins. "I hope you don't mind that you'll be sharing a room with Ginny and Hermione."

"Of course not, Mrs. We-" She stopped herself for a second. "I mean Molly, I don't mind sharing with them at all."

"Oh good! Now go get washed up for dinner dear and join the others at the table" Molly said.

Milena did as she was told and after washing up, she joined the others at the table and joined their conversation about who they thought was going to win the quidditch world cup. Fred and George joined them at the table later, Fred sitting in the empty spot next to Milena and George next to him. Everyone spent dinner talking about the cup and how excited they all were to see it in person, Fred cracking jokes and teasing Milena when she got a little too excited about her love for quidditch. As they all began to finish their dinner, Milena, Ginny and Hermione decided to head to Ginny's bedroom to get themselves ready for bed since they would have an early morning. Milena thought she noticed Fred watching as she left but when she turned to look he quickly turned his head back to the table, trying to pretend he was always involved in the conversation happening at the table.

The girls changed into their pajamas and got themselves ready for bed, even though none of them seemed to be ready to actually sleep.

"So, Milena..." Ginny started as she plopped herself down on her bed. "You and Fred, huh?"

"What... what do you mean...?" Milena asked, trying her best to hide her blush coming on again.

"Oh please Milly! We've all seen the way he looks at you and the way you two flirt together? It's so obvious you guys like each other!" Ginny said excitedly.

"No, no, it's not like that. He's one of my best friends and the 'flirting' is just us goofing around." She tried to explain.

"Whatever you say, Milly." Hermione said sarcastically. Milena rolled her eyes and Ginny and Hermione laughed as she felt her cheeks getting warm again. The three girls continued their laughs and gossiping for a while before they all eventually fell asleep, ready for their trip in the morning.