Chapter 6 - Dimwitted

The first few weeks of classes had started off particularly easy, but Milena knew it wouldn't last. While she never struggled all too much with her schoolwork, the commotion of all the new students visiting and the news of the Triwizard Tournament was going to cause a lot of extra stress. She knew the twins were going to try to find some sneaky way to get their names into the goblet of fire and would somehow try to involve her, but she promised herself she wouldn't get involved this time. While she loved joining them on their adventurous pranks and getting into mischief, this just wasn't something she wanted to mess with. She had her limits.

Names had already started being put into the goblet. Plenty of the Gryffindors had already gotten their names in along with many other students who were eager to be a part of the long awaited event.

Milena was sat in the Gryffindor common room in the early morning by herself studying for a potions quiz she had coming up soon. The fireplace was burnt out but had clearly been lit the night before. The sun partially beamed in the window giving an almost perfect amount of light for the textbook she was reading. While she wasn't always one for early mornings, she did enjoy the quiet of the common room on weekend mornings when everyone slept in. A few students would come down and pass by, yawning or chatting quietly with friends but wouldn't stick around too long before leaving for breakfast.

Milena heard footsteps coming down the girl's corridor stairs at a steady pace and looked up to see Hermione walk into the common room, a book in hand.

"Hey Milena," she greeted, "I'm headed down to the great hall to watch people put their names in the goblet, wanna join me?"

"Y'know, I've had this feeling all week that the twins were gonna try something with the goblet... I think I wanna be there when that happens," Milena grinned. She stood from her seat on the couch and collected up her books, following Hermione out the door and down to the great hall. Once they reached down there, they found seats together in a corner where they could watch the goblet and also see who entered the hall. The girls watched as people from all three schools waltzed into the hall to put a name in, each time getting a cheer from the students of their school. Many students went in and out of the great hall.

The doors burst open again and the room fell quiet as the stern Igor marched in just behind the one and only Viktor Krum followed by a few other Durmstrang boys. Just as he was putting his name into the goblet, Milena noticed he seemed to glance at Hermione who had a slight blush and was trying to hide her face with her book. He smirked a little and looked away again as he dropped his name in and the blue flames shot up again and they swiftly left as soon as they came.

"What was that about?" Milena whispered, nudging Hermione.

"Oh... nothing," Hermione said.

"Sure didn't seem like nothing. I think he has a little thing for you," Melina teased.

"What... no... he's ghastly, a total brute." Hermione said.

"Sure..."

After the Durmstrang boys had left again, the great hall seemed to liven up again, people chattering and watching to see who would put their names in next. Hermione hadn't taken her eyes off her book since Krum left, but Milena couldn't help but to watch the room though she knew she should be studying. Some more time had passed by and more and more names had gone in, but soon Milena would hear some familiar chanting as her two idiotic, red headed best friends jogged into the room holding up a vial each and look very proud of themselves. The boys quickly spotted Milena and Hermione and waltzed over to the two plopping themselves down on each side of them.

"Take a guess what we have," Fred said, grinning at the girls.

"Umm... pumpkin juice?" Milena joked.