Chapter 55 - The Battle of Hogwarts: Part I - The End is Near

Maybe it was the adrenaline of recent events or maybe it was the constant blasts of dark magic soaring over her head, but something was telling her to move - a little voice in her head telling her she might still have time, but where was she supposed to go? Where was he? Why couldn't her stupid gift just be straightforward for once?

When the end of April had come, so did a dramatic spike in activity from the Death Eaters. Something had been boiling with them for a while and it had just begun to boil over. Whatever it was that they had planned, they were finally acting on.

It seemed like every hour the Order had to pop into one place or another from back to back reports of Death Eaters raiding muggle homes or werewolf pack sightings a little too close to villages.

With the uptick in violence and death and the dwindling numbers of the Order, Arthur had decided that Milena could finally be reinstated properly into the Order and she couldn't have been more grateful for it. Within less than a week of being back in the Order, she had already helped to thwart three different raids and had probably cleared more dementors from villages and towns than she had in her whole life.

Something had surely happened that the Order was unaware of, then in May, Harry, Ron, and Hermione had left Shell Cottage and that same day, Gringotts had been left in ruins. Remus had been the one to bring the news of it to Milena and the Weasley's before it had broken out to everyone.

"I'm sorry? They did what?" Milena asked abruptly.

"Reports are saying they saw Harry Potter and two accomplices smash out of the Gringotts roof on a dragon's back." Remus said composed though clearly trying to force himself not to grin.

"And this was this morning?"

"Just a few hours ago."

Milena shook her head in disbelief. Harry had always been one for getting himself into trouble and Milena had seen this first hand plenty of times, but destroying Gringotts on the back of a dragon was definitely a new one.

"Any idea where they've ended up now?" Arthur asked.

"Not yet, but if they show up in any similar way, I'm sure we'll hear about it quite quickly." Remus replied. "For now, we'll just have to wait and hope he knows what he's doing."

"Well I think we ought to send a few people down to Diagon Alley to get a look at the damage." Arthur suggested.

Fred and George were the first to volunteer almost instantly and Milena volunteered just after them. So, the three of them apparated to Diagon Alley just behind a building to keep out of sight.

After scouting out the area and determining Diagon Alley was already back to its current, quiet state, they all made their way down the street towards the bank. Even from quite a distance, they could see all of the damage the dragon had done, blasting itself out of the building. There was still plenty of ash and dust swirling around the air and plenty of rubble scattered all down the street. Gringotts itself had a massive hole at the front of the building that was still crumbling and plenty of large debris was all over the street, having been thrown in every direction.

The three approached the debris and what remained of the bank. Milena began shoving some of the rubble aside with her foot, checking for anything that may have been hiding in the debris, but only puffs of dust appeared.

"Where the bloody hell did they even get a dragon from?" George asked, looking into the wide open doors of the now empty bank.

"Don't suppose Charlie got it for them?" Fred questioned.

"How would they have snuck a fully grown, black dragon into Gringotts?" Milena reasoned. "It was more than likely already in there."

"And they just freed it for a joyride?" Fred asked, sarcastically.