Chapter 11 - The Yule Ball

It was a snowy Christmas morning at Hogwarts and all of the younger students had gone home for the holidays making it a little quieter than usual. Milena normally would have gone home for the holidays, but the Yule Ball had all of the older students staying at the school and Milena was one of the first few to wake up that morning. She wasn't particularly one for waking up early, but she loved Christmas time and there was just too much excitement that would be happening that day for her to sleep.

She got herself out of bed and got changed into some sweats and a brown sweater with the letter "M" knitted into it that Molly had sent to her for Christmas the year prior. She adored that sweater and always looked forward to wearing it during the colder weather. The boys always seemed a little bit embarrassed by the sweaters, but Milena couldn't help but smile when she received one from Molly, meaning she was really seen as part of their family. Once Milena was dressed and ready to head downstairs, she decided she would wake her friends in her own fashion.

She cleared her throat and took a deep breath. "IT'S CHRISTMAS MOOORNING!" she shouted, startling her friends awake.

"Geez Milly!" Angelina said, visibly startled.

Milena hopped onto Angelina's bed and gave her a little shake.

"Guys come on! It's Christmas! Get up! Get dressed!" Milena said.

"We're coming, we're coming," Katie said, dragging herself out of her bed.

All of them started to pull themselves out of bed as Milena grabbed the presents she had wrapped out from under her bed where she had left them.

"I'm gonna leave these under the tree in the common room and see if the boys are awake!" Milena said, happily carrying her presents out the door.

Milena went downstairs to the common room and found a little space near the front of the tree where she could leave all of her presents. She didn't want to leave them there earlier because she was worried they would accidentally get ruined or more likely a certain pair of twins would try to sneak a peek at their presents. Leaving her presents in her spot, she went to the boy's dorm to see if any of them were awake, though she doubted it. She knocked a couple times on their door and waited a little bit, knowing she would need to give them time to actually get to the door from their beds. After about a minute of waiting, Lee finally opened the door, still in his pajamas and rubbing his eyes.

"Happy Christmas, Lee!" Milena cheered.

"Happy Christmas," he yawned back, clearly not fully awake.

"Are the twins up?" Milena asked.

Lee opened the door fully and stepped to the side revealing the two twins still in their beds, sound asleep.

"I don't think either of them even heard you knock," Lee said.

"Well all the girls are already awake and should be ready any minute now to open presents, so you should probably get dressed too. I'll get these two," she said, a little smirk growing across her face.

"Wait... what are you going to-"

"GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS!" Milena shouted.

George jolted out of his bed and immediately looked at where the commotion was coming from to see Milena with a big grin on her face. Fred on the other hand only seemed to turn himself over, pulling a pillow over his face.

"Bloody hell... good morning to you too..." George said, rubbing his face.

"I see someone's still not a morning person," Milena said, looking at Fred. She looked at George for a second who was still rubbing his eyes and then at Lee who saw her grin and knew exactly what she was thinking.