Chapter 46 - Look Alikes

As the wedding continued to approach, Milena found herself spending more time at the Burrow. She still wasn't exactly speaking with Fred, but they were civil enough. He seemed to be giving her some space, though sometimes she wished he would try to speak to her again, but she knew she had made it quite clear not to.

There was another Order meeting at the Burrow again and it was one that everyone needed to attend. They were discussing the plan to get Harry from his uncle and aunt's house and to the Burrow safely since he would be seventeen soon and any protection he had before would be gone. Several people were going to have to go, a few would need to escort Harry's uncle, aunt, and cousin safely to their safe house and some would need to stay at the Burrow. Moody already seemed to have a full plan in place and no one was going to question it. Well... except for Milena.

"Moody, I don't see why you want Mundungus with the group," Milena complained to him quietly at the end of the meeting. He only seemed to be half listening. "I mean, how much can we really trust him? He's a flake, he's-"

"Ms. Carter, I am not going to argue with you about this plan." Moody shot back gruffly. "This technically was his plan and I need to keep my eye on him. Besides, we'll need you waiting here prepared to heal anyone who needs it with Molly."

Milena just sighed, knowing she wouldn't be able to change Moody's mind now that it was set. She wanted to be able to help escort Harry back to the Burrow. Fred and George were going to be helping, they were even letting Ron and Hermione go ahead. Though she supposed they were Harry's best friends, but Mundungus? Really?

The original plan was to pick him up right when he turned seventeen, but a decision was made to bring him back a couple days before instead. Moody was under the impression someone may have shared the information with the Ministry who they were almost certain had fallen under Voldemort now.

The day of the plan seemed to have everyone stressed as they all prepped for their departure. Hermione had helped to make clothes identical to something Harry would wear, the same baggy jeans and old t-shirt piled together and ready to take them. Milena had spent the day preparing potions, murtlap essence, and other remedies with Molly and everyone else was preparing to leave together, all flying to Harry's home, partnered up with their pre-planned groups made by Moody. Hermione with Kingsley on a thestral, Ron with Tonks on a broomstick, George with Remus on a broomstick, Fleur with Bill, Mundungus with Moody, Fred with Arthur, and Hagrid would be flying the real Harry back on Sirius' old motorbike. The plan was set in place and everyone seemed to be just about ready to go.

"You know Harry will never agree to this." Hermione said as people began to filter out of the Burrow.

"I'm aware, Ms. Granger." Moody nodded. "That's why you'll make him."

The two of them left the Burrow as well, everyone flying off into the night sky on Moody's mark. Milena was left back with Molly and Ginny as they all disappeared and Ginny had a small amount of disappointment in her eyes that Milena was sure she had too.

The three went back inside and Milena went back to check on a more complicated potion she had been brewing, hoping it was nearly done. It smelled faintly of a dung bomb, but according to her books she had studied, it was supposed to. She was just grateful when it was done brewing and she could bottle it and get rid of the smell wafting through the kitchen.

"Oh Godric, what is that smell?" Ginny asked, squeezing her nose shut as she entered the kitchen.

"It's an anti-curse potion," Milena said, shaking the newly corked bottle, "works great to reverse some curses if used soon enough."

"Smells awful."

"That means I did it right. Curses are nasty business and so are the remedies."

Some time had passed and Ginny and Milena found themselves lazing about on the living room couches, waiting for any sign of people to arrive. They knew it was supposed to take some time because they'd all be going to different locations and then taking hidden portkeys back to the Burrow. Milena had checked the clock Molly kept in the living room that showed where everyone in their family was, but it was no use. For the last few months, everyone's faces had been set to "MORTAL PERIL" and hadn't moved from it. Ginny was under the impression that it was broken, but Milena wasn't sure.