Chapter 28 - The Hog's Head Inn

The day of the first Hogsmeade trip had arrived and everyone was getting ready for the cold and rainy weather that stretched from the school, far past the village they'd be going to. Many of the third years who had never been to Hogsmeade were excitedly running around the common room and giggling to each other about their first trip out of the school while most others were just waiting for friends or already leaving the gryffindor tower because the excitement had already worn off for them.

Milena and Angelina were sitting and waiting for Fred and George who were just coming down the stairs of the boy's dormitory, Lee following not too far behind them. Alicia and Katie wouldn't be joining them claiming they had far too much homework to worry about Hogsmeade right now.

Once their group was together, they left Hogsmeade and when they arrived, they still had some time before they had to meet with the others at the Hog's Head Inn, so they stopped in at Zonko's so Fred and George could gather more supplies for later. Satisfied with their bags filled to the brim with an assortment of joke supplies, they all left Zonko's and made their way to the Hog's Head Inn where some people had already gathered inside. Fred walked up to the bar where an angry looking man was and looked back at everyone, doing a quick head count then ordering 25 butterbeers, but telling everyone to cough up their own money for it.

"I'm not made of gold," Fred said as he began handing out the bottles of butterbeer.

Milena walked over and pulled some money from her pocket and was about to give it to the bartender, but Fred put a hand out and pushed it back to her.

"Not you, Love," he said, handing the bartender his money.

"Aw such a gentleman, Freddie," Milena teased, giving him a quick peck on the cheek, taking a bottle of butterbeer, and going to sit with Angelina.

"Right... so... er..." Harry started to say, but Hermione quickly took over.

She explained quite plainly exactly why they were all meeting up and what their intentions were before people were demanding for Harry to prove that you know who, or rather Voldemort, was back. Harry put an end to this quite quickly though.

"If you're only here to hear me talk about Cedric, I won't, so you can leave now." Harry said.

Everyone stayed seated and a few murmurs could be heard. Hermione then asked that everyone sign a piece of parchment to join their group and people seemed hesitant, so Milena stood up and took the parchment from Hermione, signing her name at the top of the list. Fred and George followed her and Angelina as well. Eventually, people started signing the list and Hermione took it back and put it away in her bag.

"All we need now is a place where we can meet, so if anyone has suggestions, let us know." Hermione said.

With that, the meeting ended and people began to leave the grungy old inn to get back to Hogwarts before dark. Milena and her friends began their walk back to the carriages making sure to avoid the topic of the meeting. This was one thing they couldn't let Umbridge know about.

It was only a day later when Milena came downstairs from her dorm and saw a group of people huddled around the announcements board. She walked up to join the group and pushed her way through to see what they were all looking at. Over top of all the other notices and announcements was a large poster claiming that all groups, clubs, and teams were to be immediately disbanded and could only reform with Umbridge's permission.

Milena's eyes fell wide as she read the poster then turned around and pushed back out of the group of people who were complaining about the new rule. Angelina came down the stairs a few moments later and noticing the crowd she looked to Milena.