Chapter 34 - No Longer A Student

Rumours of Umbridge going into the forbidden forest to insult the centaurs after her reign of terror and attacks on multiple teachers spread quickly through the school when she showed up in the hospital wing completely delirious. Not only was she in the hospital wing but a couple of Milena's fellow gryffindors and a ravenclaw were there too after sneaking off to the Ministry of Magic to stop another plan of Voldemort's. Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Ginny, and Luna all ended up there and Milena was quick to visit them, mainly wanting to check on Ginny, but needing to know they were all safe. She had been getting feelings all throughout her exams of major anxiety right in the pit of her stomach, the same feelings she got when something was happening or about to happen, but she had assumed it was just the anxiety of the NEWTs, now she knew, it had been much more than that.

Milena entered the hospital wing to see the group sitting together around a bed, all chatting with each other. Ginny was the first to look up and she smiled at Milena, waving her over. Milena didn't hesitate as she ran over and pulled Ginny into a hug.

"Thank god, you're all alright!" Milena said with relief. "What the hell happened?"

Ginny went on to explain why they had gone to the ministry and everything that had happened, Voldemort's plan to get Harry's prophecy, them being ambushed by the death eaters, and Sirius being killed by his cousin, Bellatrix. Milena's mouth hung open in shock as Ginny recounted everything to her.

"And have you seen the Daily Prophet recently?" Ginny asked, reaching past Ron and grabbing a copy from the side table. "They're all acting now like they weren't the ones trying to make Harry sound crazy and saying he was right all along. OH AAAAAND Lucius Malfoy is going to prison along with the other death eaters that were there."

"Oh but who will Malfoy threaten to tell on us to now?" Milena joked, making Ginny chuckle.

After a few days of rest and being sure they were all okay, they were finally released from the hospital wing just a day before everyone was set to leave Hogwarts for summer. Milena was packing the last of her things before heading down to the Great Hall for the final feast of the year. Angelina was waiting for her by the door as she folded her sweater and as she went to toss it in her trunk, a card slipped out of her pocket. It was the one from the quidditch manager, Mcleod and the snitch was still fluttering around it. She picked it up and looked it over again, thinking about all of the quidditch she loved playing over the years and how exciting it would be to be able to fly over the heads of thousands of screaming fans, cheering their team on as she fought for first place at the Quidditch World Cup.

"The feast is gonna start soon," Angelina interrupted, "are you almost done?"

"Yeah," Milena said, tossing the card into her trunk and shutting it quickly. "Let's go."

At the table for dinner, everyone was chatting and talking about being excited about going home. Milena couldn't help but think about everything she had done over the years at this school and how she was now finished her seven long years, about to enter into a world of full wizards and witches.

"So, I have some great news!" Angelina said as she grabbed a bun.

"And what would that be, Ange?" Milena asked.

"I got offered a position in training to become a healer at St. Mungo's." Angelina beamed.

"What? No way!" Milena smiled, "I'm so proud of you, Ange!"

"I start in August," Angelina explained, still beaming with excitement, "it's gonna be a lot of work, but I can't wait to start!"

"Yeah, I bet!" Milena replied.

"What about you?" Angelina asked. "Made a decision on that quidditch offer yet?"

"Nope..." Milena sighed. "I still have no idea. I mean it would be so incredible, but with the state of the world these days, who knows."