Chapter 53 - Stolen Wand

News soon came that Harry, Ron, and Hermione had turned up at Shell Cottage where Bill and Fleur had been living. From what Milena had been told, they had shown up with Dean Thomas, Luna Lovegood, Ollivander, Griphook from Gringotts, and Dobby who had been killed by Bellatrix Lestrange. They had all been captured by Death Eaters and were being held captive at Malfoy Manor and somehow they managed to all escape to Shell Cottage.

Of course the Malfoy's were involved, Milena had thought to herself. What else would she expect from them?

For the time being, Bill and Fleur had made their home as comfortable for everyone as possible until they knew for sure that they were safe. The cottage had been made into a safehouse a long time ago now, so it was best that they stayed for as long as possible.

That same morning, after Bill had left to return back to the cottage, Fred, George, and Milena hid themselves away in Milena's room so she could show George the potion she had used to heal Fred. She still wasn't entirely sure whether or not it would be able to do anything to help George's missing ear, but the worst that would happen is he drank a potion with no effect. She thought that maybe she would need George's ear to be able to heal him, but that wasn't exactly something they had.

Fred and George sat on Milena's bed as she shuffled through one of the drawers and again retrieved another full vial and her notebook. Fred seemed eager to see what the potion might do to George, she could tell he missed all of the experiments, inventing, and testing and this was as close as he was able to get to it right now. George, on the other hand, seemed lost at what the two of them wanted to do seeing as how no one had really explained to him what was happening.

"So, what is it you wanted to show me?" George asked, looking between the two others.

Milena turned back around, her vial and notebook in hand and bumped the drawer shut with her hip.

"Mills made something that we could never dream of coming up with!" Fred said pridefully.

"I'm sure you could have if you wanted to." Milena said.

She held up the vial to show the shiny, purple liquid as it swirled around.

"And what's that supposed to be?" George asked, watching the liquid dance in the light.

"This is Skele-Gro with... improvements." Milena responded.

George frowned.

"I don't exactly have a name for it yet." Milena added on. "But this is what got rid of the curse on Fred's ribs that were stopping them from healing."

"Aaaand healed them almost immediately!" Fred added too.

"You made a potion that can get rid of curses!?" George suddenly exclaimed, his eyes wide.

"Well not every curse, that would be something, but it seems to be able to burn away the cruciatus curse anyway. I'm not sure what other curses it's able to reverse." Milena explained.

George looked between the two again as if the wheels had started turning in his head and he was starting to get what they wanted to ask.

"You want me to try it for my ear, don't you?" George asked.

"I've tested it now and I know that there are no negative effects, worst case scenario, you just wasted one of my potions." Milena assured him.

He looked to Fred who was looking back with pleading eyes. Milena could see just how excited he was.

"And you're alright?" George asked.

"Never been better!" Fred cheered.

"Alright fine, give me the bloody potion."