Chapter 48 - The Day of News

Somehow, after everything that had happened in the past few months, Hogwarts was still open and on September 1st it seemed as though a small army was accompanying Ginny to platform 9 ¾. Plenty of people had chosen to keep their children home this year and with good reason, but those that had let their children attend Hogwarts were having very sorrowful and long goodbyes with each other. Milena had even been surprised to see Neville and Luna boarding the train with Ginny.

The train began its usual whistle to signal that it was leaving as steam billowed out of the front of the train and the wheels began to roll forward. Milena, the twins, Molly, Arthur, Charlie, Bill, and Fleur were all there to say goodbye to Ginny and stood and watched as the train pulled out of the station. None of them moved until it was barely visible in the distance, but once it was gone, Milena turned back to the group who had their own plans of travel as well. Now, not only did Milena have a target on her back for being muggleborn, a member of the Order, and a seer, but she had a brand new one for being associated with the Weasley's, or rather Ron Weasley who was now known to be with Harry Potter. Not only did she have this target, but everyone she was currently with had it too.

It was now known to the Order that Harry, Ron, and Hermione were alive and that Remus had found them, but they still refused to tell him what they were doing and turned him away. Though, he didn't tell them why. Either way, with the news that they were alive and together and with the way the wedding ended, they knew they were no longer safe at the Burrow. The plan now was to go to Fred's Aunt Muriel's house and stay there for as long as possible since it was made unplottable and a safe house for the Order.

Milena had only ever met this Aunt once very briefly at Bill and Fleur's wedding, but Milena had barely spoken since it seemed Muriel didn't know how to stop talking. Milena wasn't particularly fond of her or the idea of potentially spending months with her, but she didn't have much other choice and it would be the safest spot for them for now.

They were all going to travel in pairs to get there and had to apparate a few times to random locations before they could apparate to the safe house. This was a new protocol the Order had instated, though Arthur told Milena it was a procedure they had before that they had been neglecting. It certainly wasn't comfortable after the third or fourth time, but it was to keep them safe so Milena kept on with George on her side as they took turns apparating while the other side-alonged. Milena was starting to feel queasy and a little weak by the fifth apparation and George wasn't looking much better as he doubled over, looking a little green. They were standing in an empty field Milena didn't recognize since George had done the last apparation, but it was a little breezy which helped the nausea. Milena took a couple of deep breaths then placed her hand on George's arm.

"We're almost done. We need to keep going." She said, panting a little. "I can do the last two apparations I think. Can you hold on long enough?"

George nodded wordlessly, taking a long breath, then he grabbed her arm and they shot off again, being squeezed and pulled before landing in a tight back alley between a pub and a theatre Milena had been to with her parents when she was younger. As they landed, she stumbled a little but managed to keep her balance as George looked like he was about to topple over.

"Just one more, we've got this." Milena said, trying her best to sound encouraging. "We can get you an anti-nausea potion as soon as we're there. I promise."

George only let out a noise Milena could only describe as a cat dry heaving, but reached out and grabbed her arm without looking up at her.

"Just... go..." He managed to say.

"Okay." Milena spun them one last time and they were squeezed and stretched as they pulled away from the back alley.

The pair landed just outside of a large garden where a rather large old English home was sitting just behind it. As their feet hit the ground, George finally toppled over and let out his breakfast from that morning in the grass. Milena kneeled next to him, trying to stay back a little and rubbed his back until he was done.