Chapter 23 - Revenge is a Dish Best Served Sweet

Mid-june approached as Milena was making her way through her exams, nearly finished for the year. It seemed as though there'd be no end to all of her exams until they reached the day before the final task of the Triwizard Tournament. Her final exam was for her history class with Professor Binns and she was dreading it. It was the only one she had left and she just hoped that Professor Binns wouldn't drone on too long and put her to sleep before she could even write the exam.

As she sat down at a desk, quill in hand, she watched as a couple of piles of exam papers floated along each desk, placing an exam on each desk. Professor Binns told them to start and she began reading the questions and answering them as best as she could. She took her time, reading everything carefully and just hoping that she wouldn't forget the answers. When she finally finished her exam, she stood from her seat and brought the exam sheet to the front, leaving it on Professor Binns' desk with the pile of completed exams that were starting to form.

Milena walked out of the classroom, stretching her arms and neck, grateful that she was finally done with her exams and could start to relax again. One of the few upsides to having all these exams was that it gave her an excuse to not see Fred and George yet. She was still angry with both of them, Fred more so but George wasn't doing much better. The few times they had seen each other was when they had an exam together or when one of them would pass her in the common room. As she stood in the corridor, stretching out her arms then dropping them, she began to walk away from the classroom and back to her dormitory so she could drop her things off and then go outside to enjoy the sunshine she so desperately missed because of all of her studying.

Once she was outside of the castle, she made her way towards the Black Lake where a large tree stood by the water that she loved to lounge under on days like today. There was a light breeze blowing through the air and the sun was shining high in the sky, the water of the lake was calm, except for when the giant squid would break the surface every so often, and a few other students who had most likely finished exams were walking along the shore or lounging by the water. The Durmstrang ship slowly floated in place in the lake, quietly creaking as it shifted with the water.

She sat in the shade of the large tree and leaned back against its trunk. She closed her eyes and rested her head on the tree, taking in a deep breath of the warm summer air. This was the calmness she had waited for all school year.

As she laid there in the shade, she opened her eyes again and watched as a couple birds flew by. Suddenly she heard the sound of shuffling behind the tree she was leaning against and without hesitation, she grabbed her wand again and whipped around the tree to see Angelina who jumped back from Milena.

"Woah!" She exclaimed, hands up in defence. "Watch where you're pointing that thing!"

Milena sighed and laughed a little. "Sorry, Ange," she said, "I think I'm still just a little on edge."

"Because of Ivan?" She asked as she walked over to the shade of the tree where they both sat down.

"I don't know," she replied, "maybe?"

"Well I come bearing good news about that," Angelina said.

"And what would that be?" Milena asked.

"Fred and George think they have come up with a way to finally get him to back off." Angelina explained.

Milena rolled her eyes and dramatically laid back into the grass in the shade.

"Oh come on," Angelina said, "we only have a few days until the Durmstrang students leave again. I know you're mad at them and you have every right to be, but you can't tell me you don't wanna see that Durmstrang prick get a little payback?"