Chapter 43 - Broken In

Spring seemed to come quite late this year, though usually by now the sun would be out and the snow would be melted, the cold still prevailed and the snow stayed blanketed in most of London. It was unusual for it to last this long, but by April it had finally begun to melt.

Tonks had seemed to recover pretty well after their last ordeal and was up and moving, asking for more work in no time. Milena had no idea how she managed it, but Tonks was adamant that she needed to get right back to work. Milena thought it might have something to do with Remus who had been acting as a spy with the werewolves. Tonks had barely seen him, nor had Milena and both of them were against the idea, but it didn't seem to matter to anyone else.

Milena had taken a break from missions, but was still going to meetings and providing what help she could, but after everything, she was still unsure whether or not going back out was a good idea, even if she was starting to miss it.

Fred was probably the least excited about what had happened to Milena. He had gone into hysterics when Milena explained what had happened in the forest, screaming and shouting that he'd kill anyone who tried to take her. George was a little more level headed, though clearly just as angry, and he was the one to suggest that Milena hold off on missions for a little while. So she did.

Instead, she stayed back with the Order, now Fred and George were going out more often and Milena was helping Lee with a little project of his.

"It's just an idea I had..." Lee rubbed his eyes. "I have no idea how long it'll take me to figure this out, but it might help."

"Well, what is it then?" Milena asked, sitting down at the now empty table. Another meeting had just disbanded.

"Alright so," he started, "it's sort of like... a radio show... of sorts..."

"A radio show?"

"Yeah, but like a secret wizard one... one that you would have to know the password to to even be able to access it. It would be for the Order, ya know?" Lee explained.

"What would this radio show be?" Milena leaned back in her seat.

"Well, first of all, anyone who spoke on it would have a code name, just in case."

Milena nodded.

"And second of all, it would be like a way for the Order to share information... news that's not being put out. I've just noticed less and less information has been getting put out and I don't like it." Lee finished.

Milena didn't say anything, thinking over all of the possibilities.

"It's a stupid idea, isn't it? It would never work." Lee said, rubbing his face again and falling back in his seat.

"No! Not at all!" Milena assured him. "Actually, I think it's a brilliant idea."

"Really?" Lee looked up, a little more hopeful now.

"Absolutely!" Milena smiled. "It'll definitely need some work and a lot of planning because if the wrong person got a listen, we'd be screwed, but it could actually be really useful."

After their chat, Lee was much more excitable, but this wasn't too different from any other day. Every time a meeting would end, he would pull Milena aside again with new ideas for this radio project. Milena, herself, had come up with a few ideas of her own for it too. Whenever they'd get a chance after a meeting, they'd discuss their ideas while Milena waited for anyone to return who needed healing.

Her healing magic had come along even more with all of the practice she was getting. She still wasn't completely confident with her potion making just yet, but she could usually have some prepared ahead of time. It was her spells and incantations that had really improved. Often being able to figure out the injury quite quickly and knowing what to do to help the healing.