48

"Your actions make me pick petals to determine our love..."
– Nautica

❀❀❀

~ D O R O T H Y ~

January 1998

"Ok, now let's rehearse the scene where Colton and Aspen meet for the first time," Rachel orders, pointing at a page from the script.

William and I are standing on the stage with a copy of the script in hand, facing Rachel. We comply, beginning to recite our dialogues, mostly from memory. Passionate, William is so engrossed in his role that it takes me by surprise when he sheds actual tears as he vents the woes of his character's miserable life.

He is so talented.

When the time comes for us to sing, wide-eyed Jenny dashes onto the stage, towards me, with a ripped-open envelope in hand.

"GUYYYSSSSS," she screams, catching everyone's attention, before she screeches to a halt right in front of me.

"Woah, you ok?" I ask, shooting my hands out to steady her.

She takes a deep breath in before she bursts.

"LUCAS WRIGHT HAS ACCEPTED OUR INVITATION!"

Gasps.

Everywhere.

"Can you believe this?" she continues, jumping up and down. "He will be here in person. He will watch our play! IN PERSON! "

"This is unbelievable," William says.

"Oh my gosh," I breathe out, squealing with her.

William joins us too, and the three of us clasp our hands together and jump in a circle. At this point, a lot of the members have gathered around us, including Rachel, who has a small smile.

"Anchor is being adapted as a film," Jenny informs all of us. "Lucas Wright himself is directing it, so I'm sure he's really busy these days. I honestly can't believe that he is actually willing to set aside the time to attend our play."

"We have to be amazing," I say.

"We have to be more than just bloody amazing!" Jenny exclaims.

"The pressure is on now," William adds, facing the crowd.

"Indeed," Rachel says.

"But what's important is that we try our ultimate best and have the most fun as possible," Jenny adds.

"What's going on here?" a masculine voices suddenly pipes in.

The four of us turn our heads to face Nolan, who emerges from the crowd.

"Lucas Wright will watch our play in person!" Jenny replies, grinning at him with twinkling eyes.

"Lucas who?" he asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Lucas Wright," she states, now frowning. "The author of the book that we're basing our play on."

"What book?"

"You're joking, right?"

He shrugs before his eyes land on the indifferent Rachel, who is standing with her arms crossed. He clears his throat, before he continues to speak.

"Perhaps Barns can spare a few minutes and tell me all about it–"

"I am busy," Rachel states coldly.