51: Reece

WARNING: Mature Scene (15+)!!

"Our love story is the kind to be immortalised through poetry..."
– Nautica

❀❀❀

~ R E E C E ~

February 1998

It feels like I'm in a dream. A beautiful dream. A too-good-to-be-true kind of dream. If everything around me is, indeed, a figment of my imagination, then Dorothy Sherman is the best thing I've ever created, and I am terrified of the possibility of waking up.

But when Dorothy's head slowly dips onto my right shoulder, I get the reassurance that all of this - including Dorothy herself - is real, and I can never be more relieved, grateful and happy. I had feared that I lost all of my chances of being with her. Yet, here I am now, sitting in a coach that is heading to St. Anne's, with her head resting on my shoulder as she drools in her sleep.

I love her so much.

I intertwine my hand with hers before I bring her hand to my lips.

I still can't believe that she is finally mine. And I'm hers. It's just how I dreamed it to be.

She is the person I never want to stop making memories with. She is the person I can be my truest self with. She is the person who makes me want to do and be better. She is the person I want to spend the rest of my life loving.

Dorothy Sherman is the centre of my universe – my beautiful beloved.

When the coach finally arrives at St. Anne's, it is pitch black outside, except for the dimly lit coach stop in the distance. I gently nudge Dorothy to wake her up.

"Dorothy," I say, patting her head. "We're here. Wake up."

Since she is a light sleeper, she wakes up instantly, rubbing her eyes.

"Oh..." she mumbles.

Once the coach stops, the two of us get out. Dorothy locks her arm with mine while I drag along the only piece of luggage we have. She then takes a deep breath in, absorbing her surroundings.

"The air is fresh! Honestly, it feels so good to be back," she sighs in content, before she looks up at the clear sky. "Oh, how I missed seeing the constellations! And the moon is bright enough for us to see the way."

"You know," I say, draping my arm over her shoulders and pulling her close to me. "I used to look at the moon, hoping that you were looking at it too."

"Really?" she asks, glancing at me.

I nod.

"I would pour my love to the moon, hoping that it would redirect it to you when you looked at it."

"Hmmm... Come to think of it, I always found comfort whenever I looked at the moon," she says, tapping her lower lip with her index finger as she plays along. "I guess I know why now."

Grinning, I bend down to kiss the top of her head.

"My little moon," I tell her, squeezing her shoulder.

"Just like how Aspen is Colton's moon?" she says, referring to the characters in Anchor.

"Maybe a little more than that," I say.

She looks up at the sky again, pointing and naming the various constellations like the Ursa Major, Cassiopeia and Orion. I watch her, listening to her attentively.