14

I see Nolan in this guy (attached photo)...

"If love were stars, ours would be the whole universe..."
– Nautica

~ D O R O T H Y ~

❀❀❀

November 1997

To be his?

If he is being honest – I highly doubt he is – then this is definitely not what I want. I can't afford to have some guy pursuing me. My only goal right now is to get into Imperial. The prospect of dating or getting into an amorous relationship has never crossed my mind.

"Is this some kind of a joke?" I say, slapping his hand away from my face and narrowing my eyes at him.

He slowly shakes his head, his crystal eyes still staring into my own.

"I'm actually on the verge of falling in love with you, Dorothy Sherman," he says.

He sounds serious, and the way he is looking at me does not give away any hints of mischief.

Oh please no.

"Well stop," I order.

He raises an eyebrow, a gesture that I cannot do apparently.

"You want me to stop myself from falling in love with you?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I want you to do."

He then chuckles softly, very amused by my reply.

"What kind of creature are you? Any other girl would at least be touched if she were in your position."

"Why are you so surprised? Didn't you just tell me that I'm not like any other girl?" I drawl.

"Yes I did. You're different. Different in a good way."

"Why thank you. I'll try to somehow find a part of me that is appreciative of your feelings. But for now, I've got to say that I have no intention to be yours."

"Yet."

"Ever."

He crosses his arms, a small grin plastered on his face.

"Well you're just saying that because you barely know me. Once you do, I'm sure you will not be able to resist me."

He winks, grinning, and I grimace.

"Trust me, that will never happen," I say sternly. "I am not interested in you at all."

"Hmm, come to think of it..." he says, knitting his eyebrows. "You're not interested in me, and you're not interested in Reece. Are you perhaps not interested in guys in general? Are you into girls?"

"If I say yes, will you leave me alone?" I say, crossing my arms.

He examines my face, and then smirks.

"No. You'd be lying then. Look, I've never been serious about a girl before," he says, pulling away from me and rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand, serious. "And believe it or not, I have never asked anyone to go out with me..."