25

"To my ex-unrequited love: Your loss. I'm fabulous. You're missing out..."
– Nautica

❀❀❀

~ D O R O T H Y ~

December 1997

My friends and I finish setting up a stall in the middle of the cafeteria. Auditions for the Musical Theatre Club and the play, Anchor,  will be taking place next Friday, the final day of term before Christmas break begins.

Today, we have two aims to achieve: to attract as many students as possible to take part in the auditions and to keep Rachel as far away from them as possible. The latter is our priority. Sorry Rachel, but too much is at stake.

"We actually did a pretty decent job," Jenny says, clapping her hands with a grin.

"Well, we're a great team," I say, closing my lunchbox. "I'm surprised that even Nolan managed to complete his assigned task."

"Well, he really only had to bring snacks. If he failed at that, well, the poor guy's doomed at life," she says, causing me to chuckle.

Nolan actually brought an abundant supply of delicacies. I agree, he may not be the brightest person out there, but he really did keep his word and actually carried out his task without holding back.

At all.

Literally.

"So I've kept the chocolate, vanilla and red velvet cakes on the table. What do we do with the remaining eight cakes?" William asks, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"Hide them underneath the stall," Jenny suggests.

"But the drinks, cupcakes, donuts and crisps have taken up all the space! Also two of the cakes are ice cream cakes."

"Put them in the freezer that Nolan brought."

"The freezer is already filled with ice cream and ice for the drinks."

"Ugh! Where is that good-for-nothing Nolan?!"

"He left."

Jenny's jaw drops.

"What?"

"He left this note," he says, pointing at a scrap of paper on the stall.

Jenny nears the table, picks up the note and reads it out loud for all of us.

"Don't find me unless you want to be a part of a threesome."

I shake my head, grossed out once again.

"He didn't even spell threesome right," she comments, showing me the error on the note.

THREESUM.

"Well, while he's screwing God-knows-who in God-knows-what room, we'll carry on," she adds.

"That's the spirit," I say.

One of the perks of having a very rich, carefree friend: you get unlimited amount of food.

One of the downsides: you will have to deal with the consequences, good or bad, on your own.

I glance at my watch, I have to meet my tutee in about ten minutes.

"JJ, I have to leave now."

"Of course, go go. I'd say I'd save you a slice of cake and a glass of Fanta, but honestly, just take a whole cake and a whole 1 litre bottle with you."

Reece's Havenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें