Something New

I changed clothes and went back towards the club. Police and ambulance were everywhere blocking the streets. I looked everywhere for her or anyone who worked there. I got close enough and asked folks what happened. Some girls were fighting in the club and one pulled a knife out. A guy started shooting to clear the crowd. I sighed hoping Ty was good. I still didn't see her so I headed back to my hotel room hoping she was good.
It was too much happening tonight and I was supposed to be celebrating. I took a long hot shower and took my ass to bed. I got a text from Ty as I was dozing off.

Ty: Bitch them hoes was acting tough but Im good I dropped my phone and had to wait until they cleared shit to go back in and find it but I'm good and I know yo ass probably sleep.

Lena: I'm dozing off but I'm glad you good I'll hit you up tomorrow.

Two weeks later:

I was finally all moved in and loving my new space from Aunty Joan. I paid her the 10k and she said she will take that as first 6 months so I could get settled before paying her anything else. My parents paid for some new stuff to get it set up how I wanted it. I bucked Dean and kept him blocked. I didn't want to hear shit he had to say he broke my heart. The season was over so he had free time on his hands to sneak around with his butt boy.

Trae had hit me a few times but I ignored his calls too. I was enjoying just being by myself. I had got into the club and was used to this fast life but I missed my serene home time I used to have just enjoying my own company.

Lighting a few candles I sat out on my balcony listening to smooth jazz and the ocean

Lighting a few candles I sat out on my balcony listening to smooth jazz and the ocean. I opened my business book and started adding details. I went back and forth and changed ideas a million times. I finally decided I wanted to open an event space but with a twist. It would have space big enough for a wedding but intimate spaces for a date night. I wanted a garden and lots of green space for outdoor events as well. Id partner with top decorating teams, chefs etc. to build Lena's up to be the place to book for all occasions.

Just as I was getting into finer details my phone rung it was Trae for the third time this week.

"Hello"
"Damn man I gotta blow yo shit up to make sure you straight after the club shit?"
"I'm good. What's up?"
"I'm having my birthday at the club next week and I want you to host it?"
"I don't work there no more but you knew that. Why ya baby momma wont host it?"
He sucked his teeth. "Yo fine ass got a funky ass attitude"
"How much you paying?"
"Oh so money talk huh?"
We both laughed.
"What's yo fee?"
"2 racks. 3 if um shaking ass" I was just giving him a hard time I knew that was crazy as hell.
"Done. Anything else"
I heard a notification on my phone did this nicca really just cash app me $3,000?!?!
"What the hell?"
"What?"
"I was just joking and you really sent the shit"
"See that's the thing you keep playing with me. I know what I want and you scared to let me have you"
I felt my breathing change this smooth shit was how Dean got my ass and I still ain't learned. I shook my head.

"Ight bet text me the deatils I'll do it just make sure I got a security guard just for me at all times. If some shit pop off I'm out. And keep ya baby momma and the rest of ya hoes out my way"

"I got this you just show up and keep the party lit and you my date so we need to get something for you to match my fly"

"I love shopping just let me know my budget"

"Aint no budget baby just come with me tomorrow"

I was hesitant but agreed. We talked a few more minutes and he got another call so we hung up. It was something about him that just made me want to be nice to him.

I made sure to dress cute but simple for our day out

I made sure to dress cute but simple for our day out. I was gone finally let him feed me too so we was doing shopping then lunch. I didn't want him to know where I lived so I met him at the mall instead. He was so fine it didnt make any sense what so ever.

"Hey beautiful" we hugged and his scent tickled all the right senses

"Hey beautiful" we hugged and his scent tickled all the right senses. "Hey handsome" i smiled and kissed his cheek. I felt like electricity went through my body. I jumped back. "What was that?"
"I don't know ma you shocked me literally"

We went in the mall and shopped for a few hours buying all kind of stuff and then we sat down for a nice lunch. I was truly enjoying Trae. He was sweet but rough around the edges and made sure I knew he wasn't one to play with.
"So tell me about Trae"
"We'll I'm turning 27 next week. I have a son name Deuce. You met my sister and I have two brothers. I like long walks in the park and red wine"
I burst out laughing his ass loved to make a joke.
"What about you?" He smiled.
"Well I'm an only child. My parents spoil me rotten but I like making my own way. Im trying to start a business so I'm focusing on that right now. I love the club but I also love peace and relaxation too"
"Ok i gotcha pretty lady"
"So how old is your son?"
"Deuce is 5. Me and Tammy were high school sweethearts but we broke it off a year after Deuce was born because she run her mouth too much"
"Ok and what do you do for a living?"
"So many questions"
My phone rung interrupting us. It was private so I knew it was Dean ass.
"Hello"
"Baby please talk to me I miss you" he pleaded.
"I'm busy right now" l hung up. My heart hurt hearing his voice. I loved his ass still.

Trae must have sensed my mood change.
"Come on let's get going" he paid the bill and we walked to the exit.
"This was nice thank you Trae" I hugged him and took in his strong arms and that intoxicating smell.
"I know we had a rocky start but I got you baby girl. Its something bout you that I need"
"Well just be patient with me and no matter what be honest. Friends?" I held out my hand.
He grabbed it and kissed it. "For now but I'm patient".

We went our separate ways and I had a gut feeling he was different from Dean. We will see.