Deuce

Trae POV

I had to get this shit figured out and fast. D and them niggas was tryna keep shit moving cause they was running out of product. I was supposed to link with my plug to reup for them but I was not bringing no heat to my plug.

I'll go on the run before I did that shit and got my  family killed. I definitely wasn't putting Deuce in the middle of no war with the fuckin feds. I needed to somehow talk to my cousin and see what they was after. Me or the plug.

Tammy aggravating ass was callin for the third time.

"Yeah"
"Don't yea me nigga. I need you to grab Deuce from school today I got a VIP client coming last minute for her hair"
" T I'm tryna work on something man"
" Oh so that shit more important than my job"
I couldn't let her say too much shit. I already told her my shit tapped but she would lose her head and just start saying dumb shit.

"Ill handle it" i hung up and checked the time he had to get picked up in an hour fuck.

I hit a U-turn to go back to the city I was tryna look at some property in Orlando to buy. I sped through traffic and zoned out to some new artist Lena had put me on Alina Baraz. Shorty was dope with the vocals and calmed my nerves. I was having strong feelings for Lena. I knew she was coming out of some crazy shit with her ex so I wasn't forcing it. We was just vibing and going with the flow hell we never even kissed. We cuddled all night long most nights now but we haven't crossed that line.

I pulled up to get Deuce and he was my breath of fresh air. Besides his momma being a pain in the ass she was doing an amazing job raising him.
"Daddy" he ran to me jumping into my arms.
"Deuceeee" I rubbed his head.
"Where's mommy?"
"She has to work late so its daddy time"
"Yayyyy"
"You hungry?"
"Yes"
We headed to his favorite pizza place and Lena called while I drove.
"Hey"
"Hey you whats up?"
"I just picked up Deuce from school we headed to eat"
"Oh ok well hit me up later I was just calling to call"
"Oh you miss me?"
"Boyyy please"
"I miss you too" i laughed. Her lil tough act was see through. She loved having me around and the feeling was mutual.
"I will call you when we done and maybe stop by"
"Ok later"
"Later"

"Daddy is that your girlfriend?"
"What?" He shocked me with that one.
He laughed so tickled with himself. He was growing up fast which was even more reason I was getting out this shit.
"Lena is my friend she is really pretty"
"Can I see her?"
I had never interacted with anyone other than his mom so this would be new.
"Yeah soon ok"
I wasn't ready to deal with Tammy mouth today so I would talk to her first.
We got to the pizza shop and got our own pizza's. Jit loved plain cheese and I hated it so I got my Buffalo Chicken pizza.

My phone rung while we ate interrupting him tell me about his day. It was D.

"Yeah"
"Bro get to the spot like yesterday" click.
Fuck. Let me call Tammy.
I packed our stuff up luckily he was almost done anyway.
"Where we going daddy?"
"Im trying to call your mom now. Daddy has to go to see Uncle D"
"Awww man" he pouted.
"I'll pick you up tonight ok" I strapped his seatbelt and got in.
Tammy ass decided not to answer I didn't know where she was working at for this special client. Her momma was gone to Bingo with her old lady gang so I know wasn't no interrupting that bullshit.
D was calling again.
"I'm in wheels but I got Deuce"
"Drop ya load hurry the fuck up" click
This nigga hang up on me one more time I'm gone whoop his ass.

Like angel in the sky Lena sent me a picture of her new nails. I called her.

"Bae its urgent can I drop off a package to you?"
"Sure" she sounded skeptical.
"I'm two minutes away"
"Ok come on"
Tammy ass could fuss all she want I tried and I knew Lena wouldn't hurt Deuce. He was safer with her than at the trap when we were so hot in the streets.

"Daddy this is big" he pointed to Lenas condo building.
"Yeah my friend lives here. I need you to hang with her and help her with a special project. Can you do that for me? I'll make sure you get a big pay check"
"Ok I will" he loved money probably more than me.

I used my key and let us in. Lena was laying on the couch watching tv.
"Hey wassup"
She turned around and looked back and forth between me and Deuce. She looked confused and scared all in one.

"Babe this is Deuce. Deuce this is L"
She got up and walked over with a smile.
"Hi Deuce" she extended a hand. He looked up at me making sure he was safe. I nodded and he shook her hand. "Hi" he blushed standing more behind me. "Can he help you around the house while I go see D?" "oh this is the package?" "Yeah it's ok if you say no I get it"
"It's fine. Ughh hey you like cartoons?"
"Yes" Deuce found his voice.
She reached for his hand and he followed her to the couch.
"Be safe lock the door I got it" she smiled and they sat down as she turned to cartoons for him.
If I made my way out of this shit I knew right then she is the one.