| Alhaitham

My eyes slowly opened, and I realized that Alhaitham had slid into bed next to me. I brushed my hair out of my face with my hand and yawned.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you."
He whispered, with a contented sigh.

"It's okay." I replied. I went to bed early because I wasn't feeling well, but I was glad he had came. "I don't mind."

He ran his slender fingers through my hair, helping me get back to sleep. I smiled gratefully and cuddled up to him.
"How are you feeling?" Alhaitham asked, gazing down at me.

"Still rough." I mumbled, and closed my eyes comfortably. I was lucky that I didn't have to work the day afterwards, because I could sleep in without a problem.

"Sorry to hear that. I'll get some medicine from the doctor for you in the morning, just get some rest."

"Thanks, I will be fine in a few days or so. How was your day?"

He chuckled and pressed his lips on to my head. It caught me off guard and I was confused, but shrugged it off.
"It was alright. Nothing different, really. Though I was looking forward to see you, always am."

"Likewise, I missed you. I noticed the city was really busy today, I heard there is a new drink at Lambad's tavern."

Alhaitham smiled and nodded. He knew basically everything there was to know in the city as soon as word started to spread.
"Yeah, it was bustling when I went there. Perhaps we could go there soon? I'll buy you something."

"You always buy me things, I can pay."

"No, that's what couples do. Give gifts to each other. I am simply following that rule."

I let out a breathy laugh.
"Then, what could I give to you?"

"Well, that's for you to decide. Though I don't particularly need anything, I have everything I want right here in my arms."

"That's sweet of you, but I can give you a little gift right now."

"And what's that?"

I pressed my palm against his chest and leaned in, before kissing his soft lips. Immediately, he basically melted into it and pulled me in tighter.

"Mmm..."
Alhaitham slowly pulled away, but when I glanced up I noticed his cheeks had reddened quite significantly.

"Aww, your cheeks have gone- mmph-"

Just as I was speaking, he went back into the kiss and smiled into it as he felt me try to say a word. It took me a few seconds to realize, but I kissed him back.

"Ah, what an excellent gift... it's not Christmas is it?" He whispered into my ear. I could feel his hot breath on my face.

"You blushed. It was cute." I smirked, turning to face him. Alhaitham lifted a brow.

"And you're not?"

I rolled my eyes and shoved my face into the pillow, hiding my cheeks.
"Maybe, but it was still adorable. And you kissed me again to hide it."

"Aw. You think about that, and I'll watch you turn red again when the time arrives. In the meantime, we should get some sleep. It's late, and you're still unwell."

I lifted my head back up and got comfortable.
"Alright. Sleep well, Haitham. I love you, so much."

I closed my eyes, and it felt like I fell asleep instantly. That's how exhausted I was, especially after a long day. Alhaitham wrapped his arms around my sleeping figure, and he rested his head on my own.

"I love you more, Y/N. More than anything in the entire world. You're so beautiful, please get well soon."