• Scaramouche •

You and the Wanderer were fighting off some enemies, as usual. These were not just strong enemies; but powerful too. One of them knocked you backwards, and your back hit the wall.
You exhaled heavily and wiped your forehead, which was dripping with sweat, and then stood back up.

"Don't die on me just yet," Scaramouche said to you, while still attacking them. He took a few steps towards you, immediately noticing the way you were clutching your arm, your eyes filled with tears.
You weren't exactly crying, but instead the pain that was throbbing through your body brought your eyes to water.
"N-No, keep attacking... I'll be fine." You replied, summoning your weapon once again. Before you could move, he stuck his arm out to prevent you from defending yourself.

"There's no use. We'll just get hurt even more. We might as well leave them be until we have other people to help us out."
"But... Scaramouche-"
He shook his head, and then grabbed your wrist and ran in the opposite direction. You couldn't do anything except run along with him, hopelessly.

-
Once you'd finally lost the enemies behind you and gotten home safely, you slumped down on to your bed and exhaled. Your arm was aching from where you hit it against the wall, yet you felt like you were overreacting.
"Did you hurt yourself?" Scaramouche suddenly asked after being silent for so long, making you jump. You rubbed your eyes... then shook your head, not allowing him to make a big deal out of it.

"My back just hurts a bit, is all. Did you?" You asked, arranging the pillow so that you could rest. Scaramouche nodded and lifted the strands of hair above his forehead, revealing a cut that looked like it had just stopped bleeding.
You quickly sat up and moved his hair with your thumb. The cut didn't look deep, luckily.

But while you were examining his injury, he took the chance to examine yours.
He grabbed your arm harshly and you winced. And then you realised you'd just given yourself away.
"Ugh... seriously, Scara, it's not a problem. It doesn't hurt that- ow!"

He really just gripped your arm tighter to get that reaction out of you.
"Sorry, you didn't quite finish your sentence there. What was that?"

You pouted and snatched your arm away.
"How rude. You hurt me, how do you feel?"

"Slightly accomplished." He replied, sticking his tongue out. You couldn't hide your smile; therefore instead you leaned over and pecked your lips against his cheek.
Scaramouche's face heated up, and he swat your face away with his hand.
"D-Don't do that... you're embarrassing." He whispered, but you both knew that was code for 'Keep doing that, I like it.'

"Hmm, okay. I'll stop." You replied, laying back against the pillows. He glared at you for a second, before furrowing his eyebrows. He instantly grabbed your wrists and held them above your head.

"Hm? You really think you have the authority to tease me like that, Y/N? What if I became your god? Would you worship me, you mere mortal?"
Your eyes widened in surprise, and he chuckled at your sudden embarrassment.
"Well? Go on. Worship me. Worship me like I'm your archon."

You felt your cheeks warm up a little, and just from that you realised that he'd won.
You opened your mouth to speak, but nothing came out.
"Pathetic..." Scaramouche continued, running his fingers up and down your neck with a smug grin. "It's pathetic how I feel this way about you..."

"And... how do you feel about me?" You asked quietly, feeling your heart pounding in your chest. You could feel his fingers gently caress your skin, and the tension was slightly overwhelming.

"Ah, but if you want to hear that, then... perhaps you shouldn't have been such a brat to begin with~"
Before you could even respond, Scaramouche pressed his lips against yours passionately. He took short, quick breaths between every other kiss, and it was easy to tell he was getting impatient.

He slowly dragged his lips down after pulling away and began to kiss your neck. Although the situation you were in was slightly unexpected, you had no choice but to whimper slightly - even while your face was buried into the crook of his neck.
"I love you." Scaramouche affirmed, lifting his head up. "And I wanna show you how much, if you'll let me."

[part 2? 👀]