• Albedo •

[hi! i decided to change these up a bit. now, my oneshots will be written in the way that you are y/n, rather than as a diary kinda style :)) this is new to me so lmk if i make any mistakes !]

-

"Albedo?"
The alchemist snapped out of his thoughts and lifted his head to look up. Timaeus stood there, with a confused expression. "You, uh, you spaced out for a while there. What's up?"
Albedo chuckled, realizing he was sitting there for some minutes when he could be working one of his art pieces instead. "Yes, I'm fine. I lost track, where were we?"

The two of them continued their alchemy for a little while, though Albedo couldn't bring himself away from his thoughts for much longer.

You.

You were always, somehow, lingering in his mind. Like a good song that's stuck in your head all the time.
He found himself staring into space once more, and with a sigh he put down everything he was holding.
"Timaeus, could we finish this tomorrow? I'm afraid I can't stop... daydreaming."

Timeaus furrowed his eyebrows, but didn't feel like asking what he was thinking about.
"Alright, no worries. I'll see you soon, Albedo. And make sure to bring the slime condensate for tomorrow."

Albedo turned around and left the crafting table, finally allowing his mind to travel... of course, the first thing he thought of was your enchanting smile, your kind heart, and especially how pretty you are.
It took him some time, but after a while he eventually got to Dragonspine, where he could be alone to his thoughts.

While the heavy snow blurred his vision, he grabbed his sketchpad and a pencil, and took a seat. It was beginning to get late at that time, so the flames of the warm fire lit his space aglow.
He began to sketch whatever came to mind; slowly, but surely, the drawing resembled a human... and it was easy to guess who it was.

In the sketch, you were bundled up in clothes to keep you from freezing. That's all he wanted to keep safe - the warm smile that didn't disappear even in the coldest of temperatures.
"Absolutely beautiful..." Albedo mumbled to himself, his gaze softening while looking down at the page.

Despite being such a talented alchemist and artist, he never would've thought his drawing would come to life.
He heard fast-paced footsteps approaching him and he got ready to summon a weapon if necessary.

But all of those thoughts left his mind when he made eye contact with you.
You were just how he'd imagined... kind of.
You were rubbing your palms together in a desperate search for warmth. You could barely feel any of your limbs, and it didn't help that the sun wasn't above to help you. Albedo immediately stood up, forgetting about his sketchbook, and took you under his arm into his camp.

"Y/N... what brings you to Dragonspine so late? You're freezing, and extremely lucky that you found me." He asked you, wrapping a blanket around your shoulders and sitting next to you, beside the crackling fire.
"C-Commission..." You shivered, pulling the blanket closer. The fire helped you to feel your fingers again, but the snowy atmosphere still made you shudder.

"Ah, right... let me come with you next time. I am more accustomed to the cold, and I can help you."
Albedo noticed your gaze on the sketchbook that was carelessly on the floor, and he panicked.

"Is that... me?" You asked, your glance averting to the alchemist. He stuttered and struggled to find the words to explain.
"...Yes. I'm sorry, um... I just.. drew what came to mind, and it happened to be you..."

Your smile, which was so famous in his mind, gave him butterflies.
"It's really good, you're fantastic at drawing. Do I really look like that?"
Albedo laughed breathily and nodded, comparing you to the sketch with his eyes. "Well, of course. You are beautiful, Y/N. You are always in my mind."

Although he still didn't understand human emotions completely, he knew his response made your heart warm.
"I hope you can forgive my informality. But I genuinely had to stop working with Timaeus today because I kept spacing out and dreaming about you, Y/N. You're very special to me, remember that."

You lifted a brow and tried to stop your face from heating up, but it was no use.
"Is that a bad thing? I distracted you from your work?"

"It's not your fault, don't worry. And even so, I wouldn't mind either way. Anyway, are you feeling warmer now?"
"Yes, thank you! Although it's making me feel a little sleepy. It's sweet of you to take me in like this, Albedo."

"It's no problem, I couldn't just leave you to freeze now, could I? Would you like me to walk you home when you're warm enough?"

Your heart did a flip or two when he asked, and despite how embarrassing it was...
"I'd... like to stay with you... if that's okay..."

Albedo pressed his lips against your temple and put his arm around your shoulder, allowing you to feel more comfortable.
"You can stay with me anytime, Y/N. I know this may sound foolish of me, but... I think I love you. A lot."

You leaned into his chest and huffed contentedly. The sudden warmth and affection made you feel super tired, but luckily he was there to drift you off to sleep.
"I love you too, Albedo. Thank you again for everything."