• Wriothesley •

Beneath the silver glow of the moon, the world surrendered to the embrace of a cold, frisk night. The air hung still, carrying the crisp scent of winter, as shadows danced across the landscape. Nestled beneath layers of blankets, you laid in the serenity of a peaceful slumber. The only audible sound was the distant whisper of the wind, weaving through the slumbering trees like a lullaby for the calm night.
Wriothesley, your boyfriend, finally finished his paperwork in the Fortress of Meropide and he stepped through the door.

The sound of metal keys clinking against each other disturbed the tranquility of the night, but he slipped off his shoes and quickly went upstairs to greet you.
He took off his jacket and slid into bed beside your peaceful figure.
"Hey, babe." He whispered softly, his long and slim fingers brushing your hair out of your face. "Look at you, sleeping so peacefully. Miss me?"
A deep chuckle erupted from his throat, before he got up again to get into a more casual and comfortable attire. Wriothesley unclipped all of the chains dangling from his clothes, followed by his shirt.

By then, the repeating rhythm of metal had woken you up. The alarm clock read 1:23am, and you rubbed your eyes upon reading it.
"Why do you work so late..." You complained quietly as you sat up. Wriothesley simply laughed, and he got under the covers.
"Hush, love. I missed you too." His voice was captivating like a soliloquy, and you couldn't help but smile. His strong, muscular arms pulled you to his chest, and then his hand began to play with your hair.

The night remained young but continued to grow older as the two of you relished in the comfortable silence and warmth of your closeness.
"I love you, Wriothesley. I don't say it enough, but I mean it." You stated gently - it was one of the few moments where neither of you teased each other, and it felt so safe.
"I love you too, dear. Always." He replied with a content sigh. Wriothesley leaned in and pressed his lips against your head, giving it a little kiss to end the night on a loving note.
His hand rubbed shapes on your back, his nails gently scraped against your skin. The sensation felt ethereal, and it was enough to send you into a state of being half-asleep. The somnolence was overcoming your senses and your eyes closed.

"Leaving me already?" Wriothesley cooed, his words were laced with tease - a contrast to the deep meaning.
"You're the one making me so sleepy." You replied as your lips curled up into a faint grin. "You need some rest, too..."
"I suppose you're right about that one, love. Come here, get comfortable on my chest." He added, before laying on his back and putting his arm around your shoulders. He let out a deep sigh and hugged you tightly. "You're very cute, you know that? So adorable, I'm so lucky to have you."

You closed your eyes and let Wriothesley continue. He knew you were listening, but falling asleep at the same time. His hand reached to run his fingers through your hair.
A few minutes later, your body finally fell into a trance and you fell asleep, embraced and loved dearly in your lover's arms.

"Goodnight, sweetheart."

[ hope u like this one <3 ]