| Ayato

"Come on, Y/N! It'll be alright. Let me just bake these, and then you can give them to him." Thoma said to me. He put the tray full of treats into the oven and closed it shut.

"But... what if he doesn't like it? Then what do I do, run away? I definitely wouldn't be able to talk to him after that." I replied, running my hands through my hair nervously. Thoma exhaled deeply and put his hands on my shoulders.

"How could he not? You're a great person, and you're beautiful. He'd be foolish not to like you back."

Before I could respond, the door opened and a familiar blue-haired figure stepped into the room. It felt like my heart had stopped for a good few seconds.
"Thoma's right, Y/N. Though who are we talking about exactly?"

Me and Thoma exchanged glances, before I looked away.
"No one. I'm way out of his league, anyway, so there is no point." I mumbled, before leaving the room without hesitation.

"Is she alright?" Ayato asked Thoma, whos lip was curled in sympathy. He shook his head and leaned against the counter, confusing the Yashiro Commissioner even more.

"Not really, my lord. She's fallen for somebody and is having doubts about confessing. I've tried my best to help, but... there is not a lot I can do on my own, really."

Ayato sighed and nodded.
"I understand. Who does she like, if you don't mind me asking?"

Thoma was hesitant to tell Ayato that I'd fallen in love with him, mainly because he wasn't sure if I wanted him to or not. In the end, it was a 50/50 chance whether he rejected or accepted the confession.

"Erm... it's you, my lord."

---

To pass the time, I threw a pebble as far as I could and watched as it splashed into the ocean far in the distance. I continued this for a little while, before I eventually gave up and fell on to my knees.

It hurt to be sitting in such an awkward position, though I could not help but to stay. Tears started to stream down my cheeks as I came to terms with what I thought was the truth.

"Y/N? Where are you?"
I heard a voice call out to me. I ignored it and pulled my sore knees to my chest, praying that the sound would go away.

"Oh, there you are..."
The voice belonged to Ayato, and his presence made me feel really strange - sadness, but also some sort of butterflies.

He sat beside me and wiped the tears off of my face with the side of his slim fingers.
"I apologize for not realizing your feelings before. That was foolish of me, as Thoma put it."

I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I was holding all the tears back, but also fighting the urge to pull him into a cozy hug.

"Thank you..." I whispered, sniffing back the salty tears.

Ayato nodded and put his hand on mine. Despite seeming like he'd be cold, his hands were actually really warm.

"And, for the record..." He started, leaning his head on top of mine. "I do like you back, and you are definitely not out of my league."

My head jolted up and I glanced into his dark blue eyes.
"Wait. You're not just saying that, are you...?"

"Of course not. I love you, Y/N."
He took my chin into his grasp and smiled at me. "May I?"

I nodded, and Ayato slowly pressed his lips on to mine. It felt like time had stopped, and my heart was pounding. I thought he liked me platonically for so long, and it was like music to my ears to hear him say those three words.

"I... I love you too!" I exclaimed. I knew my cheeks were red, as I felt how much they had heated up.

The Yashiro Commissioner grinned and nodded confidently.
"Aha, I know, sweetheart. I know."