| Dainsleif

I groaned and dragged the duvet over my shoulders, followed with an exhausted sigh.
"Y/N!! You need to get out of bed now, something's come up!" Paimon shrieked, trying and failing to pull me off of the comfy mattress.

"Fine! But you need to let me sleep in tomorrow. I'm always tired nowadays and I haven't been doing much." I exhaled and shivered as my feet pressed against the cold floor.

I followed her out of the room, and immediately I noticed Aether.
"Good morning, Aether-"

Suddenly, I stopped in my tracks.

...

"Y/N, this is-"

"Dain...?"
I mumbled, gazing at the familiar blonde man in front of me. It had been so long since I had seen him that I almost lost hope of ever seeing him again.

"Hi, Y/N..."

I knew it was him for definite upon hearing his voice. I sniffed and wiped away the tears that were forming in my eyes, before stepping towards him and wrapping my arms around his figure.

"Wait, what?!" Paimon gasped and glared at Aether. "These two know each other?!"

Dainsleif smiled very briefly.
"We were acquaintances, a long time ago. It's been a while since we've seen each other." He added, while gently stroking my hair.

"Acquaintances?" I mumbled into his chest, grinning. "We were in love."

"We still are, right? I'd hate to come back and find you've gotten over me." He replied with a smirk.

"Always. I'll never get over you, Dain, you're the love of my life."

Aether held back Paimon who was about to ruin the moment with a ton of questions.
"We'll leave you two be for a while."

I turned my head and looked back at the two of them, who were leaving us alone. As soon as I turned back to Dain, his slim fingers caressed my jawline.

"How I've missed you... tell me, how have you been all these years?"

Just that last question was nostalgic, and it felt like I was about to break down into tears.
"I'm tired all the time... and it's been rough without you. Please don't tell me you have to leave again."

He chuckled and shook his head. I reached up to feel his golden locks; they were soft and gorgeous, exactly how I'd remembered him to be.

"I'm not leaving, dear. You're stuck with me, but I'm sure that is not a problem?"

"Thank god. I love you, I've missed you so much."

Dainsleif slowly leaned in and kissed me. It felt as if my heart had flipped, the familiar warmth almost making me melt. My arms slithered around his neck and I passionately returned the kiss.

"Stunning," He whispered into my ear, sending chills down my spine. I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I'm so lucky to have you, I love you more than anything. Remember that, Y/N."

I giggled and nodded.
"Come on, let's go find Aether and Paimon before they run off." I took Dain's hand into my own - he flinched, but quickly warmed up to me.

"Of course, lead the way."