• Childe •

With a weary huff, you rearranged all of the books in your father's office for the third time that day.
For some reason, it didn't feel right. You knew his company was in a small amount of debt, and you had been trying your best to help, but the silence was overwhelming.
You shook it off and took a deep breath, before affirming some things to yourself.

'It's fine, Y/N. You're just overthinking it.'

You placed the last book you were holding on the shelf, and turned around; just to make immediate eye contact with a colleague.
You squealed in surprise and quickly furrowed your eyebrows, noticing the look of concern on his face.

"Y/N, we have a problem. Mr. L/N wants you in the main hall right away." He told you, before turning around. You knew the timing wasn't coincidental.

You left the office and approached the main hall, where your father stood. Though there was somebody you didn't recognise, too - a tall, ginger man. He was folding his arms with a sly expression.

"Ah, Y/N." Your father lifted his head slightly upon noticing your presence. The man stood near him turned around and gave you a warm smile. "Did you show this... gentleman... and his Fatui personnel in?"

You shook your head, before pointing to his office.
"No... I was in there. Why, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong is that the Fatui have apparently caught up to our financial position, and we are obliged to give them the money we owe immediately. Do you have any you could donate to the cause, by any chance?"
You didn't exactly want to hand over your money to your father, who got himself into debt, so you kept quiet. He narrowed his eyes at you and cleared his throat. "Y/N?"

The Fatui man who was stood by your father turned around and approached you, his glare softening with each step.
"Ignore him, sweetheart. He shouldn't be relying on his daughter to pay off debts that he got himself into."

Your father angrily stomped towards the two of you and pulled you away, even though what he said was true.
"Don't speak to my daughter, you Fatui scum! Why should I pay this to you if I don't gain anything from it?"

He chuckled lowly and turned around.
"Fatui scum? Close, but not quite. My name is Tartaglia, the eleventh of the Fatui Harbingers. And, before I was so rudely interrupted..."
Tartaglia turned to you and gently caressed your cheek. "You're a pretty one. Don't worry about staying with this company forever, I could easily get you a job that pays you ten times better than this dump."

"What did I say?! Don't talk to my daughter; I warned you!" Your father yelled. "Come on, boys, let's teach this kid a good lesson!"
Tartaglia grinned excitedly and summoned some sort of blue weapon - you were sure it was a vision, due to the hydro symbol clipped to his waist.

"Hm... I suppose I could do with some more exercise!" He exclaimed, walking towards your father and his colleagues.
They began to attack each other, and you quickly covered your eyes - it was that brutal.

Just from the sounds of what was happening, it was easy to tell that Tartaglia won in the end.
When you moved your hands, everyone except the Harbinger were laying on the ground.
"Y-Y/N... help me up..."

"You tried to make me pay off your debts." You mumbled. It was clear he was just hurt and not dying, so it didn't make you feel bad rejecting his request.
"I will be expecting every payment in three hours. If I don't get them, I will be back for you to teach me another lesson. Anyways, c'mon, Y/N!"

You left the workplace with Tartaglia. He hummed happily, as if he hadn't just beaten up several businessmen.
"Phew, he was a tough one. You think he'll pull through and pay it off?"

You laughed breathily and shook your head.
"Of course not. Somehow, he's gotten out of paying them for years, and now it's built up over time. I'm tired of helping him with everything. I should've quit ages ago."

He nodded and stretched his arms.
"I agree, girlie. Now, about that job I offered you... you sure you're up for it?" He asked, confusing you.

"What do I have to do?"

"Be my assistant!"

Though you didn't mind Tartaglia because he was really nice to you, you never expected to be offered a place in the Fatui, an important role or not.
"The... Fatui? I, uh... don't think I'm qualified enough for that."

"All you have to do is spend time with me, basically. You wouldn't mind that, would ya?~ Some other guys sort out the pay - and lemme tell you, it's pretty good... if I do say so myself."
You smiled at his reasoning and thought about it for a moment.

"Alright, Tartaglia. I'll do it."

"Great! And, girlie, call me Childe. It's a much easier codename to use." Childe quickly pecked his lips against your cheek. "I meant what I said, by the way. You're super cute."