• Diluc •

The sky was dark, the grass was cold, and you could feel the wind flowing through your hair as you walked home after a long day of work.
You were simply left to your thoughts, and your mind travelled to your boyfriend, your family, friends, and work. You couldn't wait to see your beloved redhead, and hopefully he was thinking the same thing about you.

But a familiar voice calling your name caught your attention, and you turned around in confusion.
"Kaeya?" You questioned, making eye contact with the cavalry captain.
Kaeya huffed and caught his breath. "Finally. You walk fast. Can I quickly ask a favour, Y/N?"

You lifted a brow and folded your arms, feeling slightly skeptical about what it could be.
"What is it?"

"Diluc... he looked really upset in the tavern. I'm not sure why, but I know when my brother isn't okay. So could you... I don't know, try to comfort him? It would give me some peace of mind."

You sighed. It was about Diluc, so it was difficult to refuse. Plus, you wanted to get home.
"Okay. Goodnight."

—-

Once you got home, you immediately kicked off your shoes and went upstairs.
"Diluc? Are you alright?" You asked, entering your shared bedroom.
And there he was, laying underneath the duvet, tears tickling hi red eyes. It wasn't like him to cry, not like this. Your gaze softened and you stepped towards the bed.

"I-I'm fine. Don't worry." He stuttered and turned over, unwilling to face you. It shattered your heart, seeing your boyfriend trying so hard not to break down.
The curtains were closed, though the pretty moonlight was still shining through, illuminating his features. You got into bed and gently put your hand on his shoulder.

"You don't need to talk to me if you don't want to. But please, don't hide from me... I will always be here for you."

Your statement must have been the thing pushing him over the edge, because he turned his head to face you. Tears were flowing down his pristine cheeks, and his red bangs were almost sticking to his face.
Slowly, you reached over and cupped his cheeks, wiping away the teardrops with your thumbs.

Diluc shut his eyes, clearly ashamed.
"I'm sorry... you shouldn't have to see me like this..." He mumbled, taking deep breaths between every few words.
"Don't be sorry, Diluc. I love you so much and I'm so proud of you for trying to stay strong, okay? There's nothing to be ashamed of." You whispered, even trying to keep yourself from sobbing. "Do you want to talk about it?"

He sniffed and smiled ever so slightly, before shaking his head. "N-No, that's okay, I'm fine."
You frowned and pressed your lips against his cheek.
"Like I said before, you don't have to hide anything from me... I won't judge you for anything you say."

It seemed like you'd finally convinced him, as he sighed sadly and nuzzled his nose into your hair.
"I... don't really know why I'm upset... I suppose I just broke down." You smiled and nodded, running your hand through his untangled hair. He closed his eyes contentedly and intertwined your fingers with his. "...And I missed you so badly today... I was worried that you would get hurt, and I kept overthinking things."

"I will be okay. I am worried about you, most of
all. You're taking care of yourself, right?"
Diluc nodded; his eyes fluttered closed, signalling to you that he was exhausted after a long day. You were glad to know you helped him out a bit.

It only took a few last runs through his hair before your boyfriend drifted off to sleep while you were holding him. His chest slowly lifted up and down; he looked much more peaceful when he had nothing to worry about.
In an attempt not to wake him up, you slowly leaned down and pecked your lips against his head, and then pulled the comfortable duvet over the two of you.

"Night, my love. Sleep well." You whispered, snuggling closer to him and closing your eyelids.