| Itto

"Phew, that was one tough fight!" Itto exclaimed, picking up his claymore. He turned around to look at the Arataki gang. "Everyone okay?"

They all nodded.

"Y/N! How about you? Are you hurt?"

I shook my head, even though I injured my leg. I must have pulled a muscle, because it hurt a lot to move it. Slowly, I attempted to get off of the ground, using my weapon as support to stand up.

"You don't look so good... you sure you're okay?" He called out, lifting an eyebrow. I nodded and stepped forward, but my knees completely gave in and I fell.

I squeezed my eyes shut, preparing for a face full of dirt - but I never felt it. Instead, Itto caught me in his arms and helped me stand up.
"Lemme carry you back..."

"No, no, it's fine! I'm not-"

"You can't walk! You hurt yourself. It's not far, I don't mind!"

Before I could argue, Itto picked me up and put me on to his shoulder. I sighed deeply and rested my head on his. "With that said, let's start to head back!"

Despite him saying it wasn't far back, it actually was. We must've been walking for an hour straight because it was already dark out. I was playing with his long, white locks, and with his silence he seemed to be enjoying it.

"Uh, are we lost?" Akira asked, turning around to face the rest of us. Itto furrowed his eyebrows and looked around the area.

"Huh? I was pretty sure this was the right way!" He added, sighing. "Ughhh, it's too late to go back now. Should we set up a camp here until morning?"

"I guess that's the most logical idea..."

Itto put me down so that he could help set everything up for the night. Whenever I tried to help, he simply told me to rest so that I wouldn't hurt myself again.

---

"There we go, all finished!"

The fire danced in the middle of the camp, and we all sat around it. Itto sat next to me, and I intentionally scooted closer to him.

"Well, today didn't exactly go as planned." Genta mumbled. We all agreed; but at least we had somewhere to stay for the night.

I leaned my head against Itto's arm. He moved it and wrapped it around me, his fingers gently stroking my arm. My heart melted.
As everyone else was talking, he rested his head on top of mine.

"You okay there?" He whispered.
"Mhm, just tired. You?" I replied with a smile. He chuckled and kissed the top of my head. Right then and there, I think my brain stopped working for a good 5 seconds trying to process what just happened.

"You'll get some rest for me soon, won't ya? Everyone else probably won't sleep for a while, so don't feel as if you gotta wait for them." Itto added, rubbing his thumb on my knuckles.

"Okay, I will. How about you?"

"I'm fine right here, sunshine."

I grinned and closed my eyes. His embrace was actually surprisingly warm, so I had no trouble dozing off. However, the rest of the gang didn't fail to notice how we were sitting.

Genta smiled and told everybody to keep it down while talking, so that I wouldn't wake up. "Shhh, guys, be quiet, Y/N's fallen asleep. Look at them, isn't it cute?"

Itto let out a quiet and breathy laugh, shaking his head. His eyes averted to my sleeping figure and he couldn't help but to plant another kiss on my head. "You guys better listen to Genta and keep it down!" He whispered.

They nodded and continued to talk, but quietly.

Itto tried to join into their conversations, but he was too focused on making sure I didn't wake up because of the sound of talking. He yawned and pulled me closer. "Sleep well, Y/N! I'll be right here when you wake up, promise. I...I love ya!" He mumbled, just before closing his eyes and falling into a slumber.