| Scaramouche

"Shut up, Scaramouche." I asserted bitterly at the harbinger in front of me. "Go to hell."

"In due time. But I need to get rid of them, and I will require your help to do so." He replied, eyeing a small group of girls fawning over him.

I lifted a brow and stifled back a laugh. "I'm surprised they're not running away from you. Why do you want them gone? Enlighten me."

"Because, you're the only one I want." Scaramouche replied vigorously, smirking at my growing confusion. "Now, help me shoo them away."

"Scaramouche, they won't be able to hold back their adoration for much longer. If you truly want them to give up, you have to prove to them that they will never get a chance with you. Understand?" He'd obviously never had anyone admiring him like this, and it was almost amusing to watch.

"Fine. Demonstrate to me how I'll do that, and then I will do it myself. I can't screw this up, otherwise I may just cause a dilemma for myself."

"In other words, you're scared?"

"Me? Scared? No, I'm more... conscious of the near future. Go, Y/N, now."

I giggled and approached the 3 girls who were standing there, obsessing over the Balladeer. "Ladies, ladies."

As if they'd just only just noticed my arrival, I received three dirty looks from each of them. "What do you want?"

"I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but my dearest Balladeer already has a girlfriend." I explained, intending for it to sound sarcastic. They all peered at each other, before glaring back at me.

"Is that so? Then, where is she?"

Seconds before I responded, Scaramouche put his arm around me and exhaled deeply.
"Right next to me."

I felt as my cheeks flushed, though I didn't disagree.

"P-Prove it! I won't let you go off with her, Mouchie!"

Scaramouche's eyebrows furrowed. He seemed somewhat furious.
"Don't call me that, you fucking creep. All three of you leave me and my girlfriend alone."

"He didn't prove it, so it's not true."
One of the girls mumbled as they turned to leave.

"Wait." He spat, gazing at me with a slightly apologetic expression. "You want me to prove it?"

His soft hands gently took a grip on my chin, and with that action I understood what was coming next... and didn't detest it. I closed my eyelids and leaned forward.

Shortly, I felt Scaramouche's lips press against my own. They were warm and gentle, unlike his violent demeanor. I briefly smiled into the kiss; with that he pulled away.

"And... they're gone." I nervously mentioned, as the atmosphere had gotten so awkward. My heart felt as if it was beating in my throat.

"Sorry." He said, exhaling deeply and shutting his eyes.

"Don't be, I... liked it. But won't people think we're in a relationship now? Doesn't that bother you?"

Scaramouche shook his head. I quickly realized he was staring at my lips again. "No, that won't happen. If they tell anyone, nobody will believe them. That is an advantage of being so harsh on people."

Before I could comprehend what was happening, we were standing so close to each other again. We both knew it wasn't like either of us to act this way, but it was... addictive.

"I don't know what's happening to me. It feels strange, everything does."
He spat with an irritated tone.

"Are you ashamed of it?"

"No. Never."

"Then I guess it's okay."

I put my hands just underneath his ears and pulled the harbinger towards me, smashing my lips against his. He kissed me back, putting my mind at ease.

"Oh how you drive me crazy..."
That being last thing I heard before my mind went completely foggy, filled with exhilaration and desperation.