| Pantalone

___

The night was cold and dark, and the moon glew high up with the stars. While most people would've been asleep at that time - there I was, my head laying on the 9th harbinger's lap as he read some papers. He groaned and threw everything he was holding.

"Ugh, that Doctor... I can almost never understand what he's talking about." Pantalone groaned, putting his hand on my head.

"I haven't met him." I replied, glancing up and into his pretty eyes.
"Good." He responded with a huff. "Ironically, he is a dangerous person. I don't want you getting hurt because you've been around him, sweetheart."
I smiled. It wasn't like I wanted to meet Dottore. He creeped me out.

Pantalone cleared his throat, getting my attention. "I was meaning to ask... you now have enough money to afford essentials and a bit more for a long while, yes? If so, why have you not quit and gone to get a more... safe job?"
I chuckled, causing him to give me a confused expression.
"Because I like you, of course. Besides, I'd probably get hunted down if I did decide to quit."

He grinned, ruffling up my hair.
"How sweet! I'm flattered. I hadn't realized I'd stolen your heart~"
Pantalone took my hand and intertwined his gloved fingers with mine. "And, yes, you would get hunted down. The fatui are quite strict when it comes to holding information from the public."

Before I could respond, the door swung open and I quickly sat up.
A tall figure walked in. He had light blue hair, and a mask covered his eyes. Pantalone's eyebrows furrowed and he sighed.
"Dottore," He mumbled, scaring me for a second. "what a pleasant surprise."

'Dottore' walked further into the room. Though I couldn't see his eyes, I could practically feel them piercing into my own.
"Ah, what a nice greeting. This is Y/N, unless I'm mistaken?"
I was too stunned to say anything - the timing was quite coincidental.
Pantalone glanced at me quickly, realizing it was too late for me to go somewhere else.

"What is it that you want, Dottore?"

The Doctor grinned and pointed at the scattered papers on the floor.
"I am assuming you read my letter? I will need that mora for my next experiment."
Pantalone shook his head.
"Ah, but I do not exactly feel like giving you half a million mora without anything in return."

Dottore turned and looked at me, and then back at the 9th harbinger.
"Hm... fine. I shall propose a deal, if you feel as if you need to be stubborn."
Deal?
"Either you give me the mora, or I will take your pretty little assistant instead."

My heart dropped, and I scooted away from the Doctor anxiously.
"And if I refuse both options?" Pantalone asked, folding his arms.
Dottore grabbed my own arm and pulled me towards him, before shoving a needle in my arm. Luckily, he didn't push the strange looking liquid into my blood, but nevertheless it began to bleed. I winced, feeling the stinging sensation.

"I do have my own assistant, but he is boring. I have experimented on him enough already - somebody new would be nice..."
Pantalone pushed his glasses up with his index finger and rolled his eyes.
"Ah, fine. You win, Doctor. I will send that mora to you today when I get a chance."

Dottore smirked and glared at me.
"A shame. I would've enjoyed having you as a test subject." He pulled the needle out and I pressed my palm against the dot of blood on my skin.
"Thank you, I will be taking my leave now."

---

As Dottore left, I sat back down and sighed, allowing myself to calm down a little.
"Are you alright, treasure?" Pantalone asked me, pushing some hair out of my face. "I apologise for not physically doing anything to stop him; he is stronger than me, by quite far."
I nodded. The bleeding stopped, to my luck. He gently pulled me into his arms and exhaled deeply.

"Don't worry. He won't be hurting you anymore, seeming as he got what he wanted. I will make sure of it."
He took off his coat and wrapped it around my shoulders, making sure I was warm enough.

"Thank you. The timing of his arrival was kind of strange." I mumbled, resting my head on his chest.

"I know, darling." He pressed his lips against my cheek, causing me to smile. "Don't worry about it. Dottore is just... very forceful when he wants something. And in this case, it was mora. You're the last thing he wants at the moment - if it makes you feel any better, you are the only thing that I want, every second of every day."