• Neuvilette •

[ hello long time no see>:) ive only recently gotten back into genshin so im sorry if this doesnt follow his lore! hes just hot and i like fontaine so umm Hi !!! if like, i missed any part of him out, imagine this is an au :) ]

You were a citizen of Fontaine, always had been. However, you always kept to yourself - your trusty Hydro vision allowed you to breathe underwater, and so you stayed under the surface and in the blissful waters of the nation. You didn't know much of what happened 'up there', nor did you know any of the people that well. Except Monsieur Neuvilette... you'd known him for a long time, since you were both young. You loved the sea creatures below, and he accepted your choice to live a different life to most.

As you kicked your legs, admiring all of the coral and vines around you, a loud splash from above caught your eye. Could it have been a monster? You couldn't be sure. With determination, you swarm towards an eroding monument and hid behind it.
What you didn't expect to see was *him*. Long, white hair with blue highlights... he looked so at peace that a few bubbles might've escaped your lips out of pure awe. Was that... Neuvilette? Surely he was supposed to be working above the surface?

Your eyes flickered from his arms, pushing the water aside to move, to his illuminating eyes. What colour were they, again? It had been so long, plus you couldn't see from your angle. However, just as you were about to swim away, he spotted you. His piercing gaze met yours... he seemed just as surprised to see you again in the ocean as you were to see him at all.
Neuvilette swam towards you and gently took your arm, before swimming upwards to the surface.

Once you both reached the air; you simultaneously took deep breaths.
"Y/N, what are you doing out here? You know the ocean isn't entirely safe." His deep, gentle voice spoke. Your heart skipped a beat. Why was it slightly endearing that he cared? It's not like you ever showed your face in the city, you hadn't seen each other in so long.
"I could ask you the same thing, Monsieur." You replied with a small smile.

Neuvilette let go of your arm and nodded.
"I see... I suppose it's not like me to be down here, unlike you. Isn't it such a nice space?" He asked, settling the conversation. He noticed the shore wasn't far, and he moved to the sand. "It's nice to see you again, Y/N. I was hoping you'd visit me more often."
You sighed softly and moved to the wet sand as well. Just as you tried to stand, your legs stumbled and you fell down on to your hands - it'd been a while since you'd walked properly, you were usually swimming.

Neuvilette chuckled and kneeled beside you.
"Haven't walked in a while, hmm? Let me help you." He put his hand out and as you took it, he pulled you up to your feet. "What have you been up to these days?" The fact he seemed genuinely interested in your life surprised you. He was such an important man in the eyes of the people.

"I've been living a quiet life. The ocean is so beautiful." You smiled, and he immediately returned it.

Neuvilette began to walk along the sandy shore, the warm sun kissing his skin as you tagged along. The man, with a vibrancy different to anyone else you'd met before, exuded an aura of tranquility and peace. It was easy to fall into a conversation with him - he was a man of refinement and sophistication, after all.
His eyes gleamed with admiration as he watched you gracefully traverse the sandy shore, the sun casting a radiant glow upon your features. With a charming smile, he couldn't resist uttering a subtle compliment, "Well, whether you choose to live a closed off lifestyle or not, I do hope to see you more."

You let out a breathy laugh. "Of course, likewise. It's been a while." However, your breath caught in your throat as Neuvilette's hand gently touched yours. Once he knew you'd noticed, he stopped walking.

"Y/N, I... missed you." He stated as he took your hand fully into his. "I'm asking. Please, see me more. It'd give me some peace of mind about your wellbeing. And..." Just before he continued speaking, he brought your hand to his face. His eyes met yours, and he pressed his soft lips against your wrist. "I have to admit... your presence brings a sense of affection to my heart."

Your lips curled into a warm smile, and you agreed.

Neuvilette's smile widened, and he slowly let your hand go.
"I would go to great lengths to ensure our paths intertwine more frequently. I can rearrange my busy schedule, travel across vast distances... I will sacrifice anything just to seize precious moments in your presence, for your company is a treasure I can't bear to be without."

He swallowed, and took a deep breath.

"Y/N, I... I think I love you."