• Kaeya •

After a long day of work, you and Kaeya finally finished clearing out monsters around the city.
It was strange that they had gotten so close to Mondstadt itself over time; but it didn't matter because they were gone.
"Ah, finally, we have cleared every location. Still, keep your eyes peeled." He stated, sighing in relief while putting his sword away.

"Yep. Keep your eye peeled." You replied with a small grin. He was silent for a moment, making you smile even more. "I made you embarrassed!"
Kaeya jokingly scoffed and lowered himself to whisper in your ear.
"Tease me one more time, darling, and I'll give you something to blush about~"

That was enough to make you silent.

If it wasn't for the moonlight, the two of you would have gotten completely lost already.
But that fact left your mind as all of a sudden, you felt small water droplets hit your face. And they started to become more frequent after each one.
"Um... Kaeya? I think it's raining." You mumbled, lifting your head up to gaze at the cloudy skies.

He stuck his palm out for a moment, before huffing.
"Would you look at that? It is. Such unfortunate luck. Well, at least it's not pouring down."

You were pretty sure he had jinxed it.

It didn't take long for more rain to start hammering down on you, and you both became drenched not long after it started.
Kaeya had a jacket around his shoulders for protection. Of course, you did not.
You held your arms tightly in a search for some warmth, but your shivering was an example of why you should have brought a coat with you.

"Oh - you didn't bring a jacket, babe?" He teased you, with a smirk on his face. "Well, I think someone may be catching a cold soon~"
You narrowed your eyes at him and he simply chuckled in response, but then lifted his arm to allow you to be close to him.

"Come here, snowflake."

Though it was still tipping it down, you were both stood there, pretty much allowing yourselves to get soaked. Your face heated as you felt Kaeya's grip tighten around you. He noticed your embarrassment and let out a low laugh.
"What's with the blush now, hmm? I thought you liked this?"

"Of course I- uh, I mean... nevermind. Let's go home, I'm freezing!"

-

You both got home quickly, though there was a lot of rainwater dripping from you two.
Once you both entered the warmth, it was natural that you began to feel sleepy.
"Gosh, I'm exhausted." You mentioned, drying your dripping hair with a towel. "Glad to be home."

Kaeya took off his jacket and hung it up to dry. He got changed into something more comfortable and, while you were still drying your hair, wrapped his arms around your waist and leaned his head on your shoulder.
"Ah, come to bed, honey. Want you in my arms."

It was rare to see such a fragile side of him, but nevertheless you treasured it. You nodded and put the towel down.
Although it would've been best to, you were both too tired to shower or do anything productive that night; an evening off isn't so bad, right?

You got into your pyjamas and headed up to bed. It was already late at night, and after so much fighting the time had come to get some rest.
You climbed into bed and pulled the warm, cosy duvet over your shoulders. Kaeya got in beside you and immediately pulled you closer. His eyes were already shut, but he wasn't asleep just yet.

"Goodnight, my love." He murmured, tightening his grip around you for the second time. "I love you, Y/N. You mean a lot to me."
"I love you more, Kaeya." You pecked your lips against his, then closed your eyes.

Just little moments like that made you smile, excited to spend the rest of your life with the cavalry captain.