| Xiao

"Y/N."

A sudden voice said my name, making me jump out of my skin. I jolted up and turned on the lamp that was sitting on the bedside table.

I calmed down when I noticed the familiar yaksha sitting on the edge of my bed, waiting for the moment that I awoke.

"Jeez, Xiao, you scared me... are you alright?" I asked, holding my palm on my chest. He nodded and stood up.

"Yes, I am fine. And I apologize for frightening you, that was not my intention. I wanted to show you something outside."

I turned my head and glanced at the alarm clock - 2AM.

"Now?"

His nod of clear confidence convinced me to go with him, so I got out of bed and followed him out into the cold and misty night.

"I can barely see anything. It's so dark out here, are you sure I'll be able to see what you want to show me?"
Xiao's gloved hand took my own to guide me through the pitch black sky. He didn't reply to my question - I had no clue where he was taking me.

After a little while of walking, he suddenly stopped and turned around.
"Hold on to me."

My heart started pounding, though I didn't dare argue with him and did what he said.
A few seconds later, I opened my eyes and finally, there was a light.

I had no idea where we were, but it looked like we were standing on the edge of some sort of mountain or cliff.
Xiao's cheeks were flushed ever so slightly.

"Where are we?" I asked. I glanced down and quickly noticed how high up we were, and took a step back before I could even comprehend it.

"Don't worry." He whispered, sitting down. "I will not let you get hurt. Just, please, sit here with me."

Although there was a small light guiding me, I put my hand on Xiao's shoulder to stop me from falling and I sat beside him.
"So... what was it that you wanted to show me?"

He was staring up at the blanket of stars, like he was waiting for something.
"He said it would be any minute now..." Xiao mumbled, not intending for me to hear. "Please do not let me down..."

All of a sudden, several streaks of light started to shoot diagonally through the sky. I looked up and watched in amazement, while feeling his gaze upon me.

I realized he had woken me up to show me the meteor shower, and I did not regret it one bit. It was beautiful.

"Nothing... feels scary anymore, when I am with you." He said, out of the blue. My vision averted from the shooting meteors to the yaksha, whos eyes were glistening.

"Hmm...? What do you mean?"

"I always want to be in your presence. All the time. And I need to protect you, no matter what. I understand that it is foolish of me, but I..."

One last meteor flew by, and Xiao took a few seconds before continuing. He was making a wish.

"I think I have fallen in love with you."

I smiled, while feeling the cold breeze against my face.
"I love you too, Xiao." I replied without any hesitation.

Before either of us could say anything, we both leaned in and pressed our lips against one anothers. His were soft and warm. His hand slid underneath my ear, pulling me slightly forward and deepening the kiss.

After a few seconds, we pulled away. Xiao intertwined his fingers with mine for the second time and gave me a small but warm smile.

"Thank you... for letting me feel love."