| Pantalone

A few months into being Pantalone's assistant, and I was already feeling comfortable around him. Like I'd made a new, good friend.

"Evening, Y/N."
I looked up and noticed the familiar figure in front of me; jet black hair, a fluffy-looking coat and glasses which suited him perfectly.

"Oh? Welcome back, sir. It's been a while." I replied, following behind him as he walked into the room I was standing by.

"Don't call me sir, it seems too professional. Just my name is fine - you don't find me calling you 'assistant', I call you by that pretty name of yours." Pantalone stated as he took off his coat and placed it down.

I grinned and looked away in embarrassment.
"Okay... a-anyway... how was your trip?"

"Boring, really." He sat down and tossed his head back. "Glad to be back."

"Mm-hm, I'm glad you're back too." I muttered, but I still regretted those words as soon as they came out of my mouth. He simply chuckled as if nothing had been said.

"Come here, Y/N."
He tapped the space next to him and I took the offer nervously.
I sat down on the comfortable couch.

"It's a little cold, wouldn't you agree?" Pantalone started, wearing a smirk. "Would you mind getting me something?"

"Of course, what is it?"

"My coat."
I reached over to pick up his coat, and doing so I pointed it towards him so that he could take it.

"Not for me. For you."

I instantly furrowed my eyebrows.
"For... me? But you said-"

"Did I stutter? I never said I was cold, I just stated the weather. And now I'd like to see you wear my coat, is there an issue?" He spat back at me, almost aggressively.

I tried to contain myself, but couldn't help to stifle a laugh.
"Okay, if you say so."

Slowly, I put my arms through the sleeves of Pantalone's coat. It was fluffy and comfortable, but way too big on me.

"I'm surprised, it looks good on you."

"You were expecting it to look bad on me?" I lifted an eyebrow while smiling slightly.

"Look at you, being so talkative tonight. Come lay with me."

If Pantalone asking me to wear his coat didn't catch me off guard, that definitely did. My eyes widened and I broke eye contact.

His confident laugh gave me butterflies.
"Oh, so that's how to shut you up. Useful. Though, I was actually being serious, so come on. Don't be shy, Y/N~"

He did offer, so I scooted closer to the harbinger. He put his arm around my shoulder and flicked some hair off of his face.
I leaned my head on his chest and sighed contentedly.

"Don't fall asleep on me now. You're cute, but whatever would I do if somebody walked in?"

I opened my eyes and tried to move my head away just in case, but Pantalone put his hand on the back of my head and gently pushed me back on to his chest.
"Kidding, darling. I'm only kidding. The door is locked."

I pulled his soft coat tighter around me, and I could practically sense his grin.

"Get some rest. You've done well today, Y/N - no different to any other."

"Would you treat any other assistant the same way as you treat me?"
I asked into Pantalone's chest.

"No, darling. I've loved you from the start. If anything, I don't refer to you as my 'assistant'. I refer to you as the love of my life. Now go to sleep, it's been a long day."

I covered my smile with my wrist and slowly but surely, drifted off to sleep.

Pantalone stroked my hair and sighed deeply.
"So beautiful." He whispered, his thumb running across my cheek. "Someday, Y/N, I'll give you the world."