The Blackmail - 24

(Photo from: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shining_(novel))

Vance ended up falling asleep on my shoulder, so I lifted him into my bed, took his shoes and jacket off so he'd be comfortable and tucked him in. However I was then fully awake, so I decided pick out my outfit for today and shower.

Obviously showering and getting dressed didn't take 3 hours, but it did take out a good chunk of time. When I returned back to my room Vance was curled up hugging my pillow. Pretty cute, I don't think he'd mind if I got a bit of.... Blackmail per say... Yeah he's totally going to beat my ass. I think as I lift my polaroid camera off my desk. Is this creepy? Hell why do I care?

No more second guessing, I snap a picture, he doesn't even move. I smile and set my camera down. I wave the photo back and forth, pulling 'Stephen King The Shining' off my desk to pass the time. I hope I finish this book soon, it's actually really good and a fun way to pass the time.

*** Time Skip ***

"Hey, Y/N, wake up." A voice pulls me out of a dreamless sleep. "Hm..?" I hum, my neck is really swore and my back feels like breaking. "Why the fuck did you sleep in the chair?" Vance asks, grabbing my cheeks with his hand and pulling me to look up at him to keep me from dozing off again. "Huh? Oh... I didn't mean to fall asleep." I yawn, he removes his hand as I stretch and stand up. I fix my hair and pick up my book off the floor.

"You look rough, sleep some more. We've got time." Vance tells me whilst putting his shoes and jacket on. "No, I'm ok." I shake my head rubbing my neck hard. "Ugh.. Damn my neck is sore as fuck." I groan trying to work out the tension. Vance is quiet, so quiet I almost thought I was talking to an empty room. That is until his calloused hands find their way to my lower neck. I drop my hands to the desk and grip the end of it as he presses his thumbs into my neck. "Th-Thanks.." I hum, embarrassed I stuttered over such small contact.

"Mhm." He hums back, his feet moving closer to me, I can feel his presence only inches away from me. "Nnn... Shit." I groan when he rubs his finger in a circle hard over the middle part of my neck. "Sorry, this part is where the tension starts." He says, rubbing a bit more gently at that part. I nod softly and lean backwards into his touch, he works his way up to the back of my head. "Did you shower?" He asks, I lean forwards more as he gently bends my head down. "Yeah, why?" I ask, assuming it smells strongly. "Your hair dried weird right here." He says, running his finger through the back, right side of my head. I shiver and lift my head, he pulls away and walks backwards.

"Probably the way I slept." I shrug, shaking up the back of my hair with my hands. He nods and crosses his arms. "Better?" He asks, I roll my head and bend my neck to the side a bit. "Much. Thanks." I smile, gesturing my hand for him to slap down on. He does so and grips it, pulling me forwards a bit. I smirk and grip his hand harder as he presses our chests together. "Thanks for... Dealing with me." He says, I nod and use my free hand to now ruffle his hair.

"Don't say it like that, dork. I helped you because I wanted to, not just dealt with you because I had to." I say dropping his hand and moving past him. "I'm serious... Thank you, Y/N." I turn back to look at Vance who's fists are bawled tightly, his lips pulled as if he's embarrassed. "Yeah, of course man, I'll be here if you ever need me." I don't smile, for once I'm completely serious too. "Same." He nods slightly, his eyes locked onto mine.

*** Time Skip ***

Vance hops into my car and buckles up, I watch him get comfortable and then flick down my shade. "So, what were you going to tell me yesterday, something about a plan you and Gwen have?" Vance pauses and leans his seat back a bit. "Gwen and I were gonna hang out on Saturday, play bored games or something while we're waiting for the guys to come over, they have their own plans in the afternoon." He explains, laying his arm on the center console. "We're having a camp out in Finns backyard, he's got this huge awesome tent. Gwen wanted you to come over too, if you want." He explains, I happily tap the steering wheel.

"Yeah definitely, sounds like a plan. Do you need a ride? I can pick you up." I smile, he shrugs and focuses on the road ahead. "I don't know, I was going to bike. It's just easier, y'know?" "Sure sure, when you figure out the time let me know. I'll definitely be there." I happily smile at him, he slightly looks at me and chews his lip, a nervous habit maybe. "Sweet, I'll write it all out for you or something." I nod and grip the steering wheel harder as I make a sharp turn. "For sure, leave it in my locker, number 86." I tell him, I know I'll forget it somewhere if he hands it to me.

___________
Authors note:
I'm so happy to be back and able to post again for y'all!!!
Expect more chapters by tonight
If there's any mistakes on ANY chapters please please let me know
I am not a professional and as a human began I often graze over spelling mistakes, you obviously don't have to it's my mistake and I should be able to fix it myself
I will now be doing route edits before publishing and after publishing, however this doesn't mean I will 100% fix all my mistakes 😭

Anyways, thank you all for all your love and support I appreciate so much!! I hope ya'll enjoy these next few chapters! I will post three today and two chapters over the next 2 days <3