Boxed Up Bike - 29

(Photo from: https://www.ebay.com/itm/185468519654?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1uZj_RY_bTtCfvzi44OpcDQ3&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=185468519654&targetid=1587262742097&device=m&mktype=&googleloc=9027638&poi=&campaignid=15275224983&mkgroupid=131097072938&rlsatarget=pla-1587262742097&abcId=9300697&merchantid=115344436&gbraid=0AAAAAD_QDh8CPSngvC2xmJxSRk3cZF8hf&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7KqZBhCBARIsAI-fTKJjHNs0iZa61jRJXSbgCB0UKP5RjnQX9Nn5EkPQv6zMhTeUEIpJPcwaAmJ6EALw_wcB)

(Jesus H. Christ that's obnoxious^I'm leaving it lmao)

TW: smoking/marijuana usage, driving high mentioned

Finn is lying across Robins chest, his feet straight up on Vance's beds headboard. Whilst I'm laying sideways next to Robin, Finns head is loosely hanging in the small gap between Robin and I. Vance gave me one of his carts and disappeared to grab us all water bottles from his garage, yet he's been gone for what feels like forever. "Y/N, you should go check on your BOYFRIEND!" Finn yells the last part in hopes Vance heard it, his laugh makes Robin and I laugh with him. "Is that right? Well I guess if he's my boyfriend, I should go make sure he hasn't broken anything." We're all laughing together still, I can hear them laughing even whenever I close the bedroom door behind me.

Let's see if I can guess where the garage is.. I think to myself while walking down the hallway. Whilst I'm wondering down the hallway I come to the end of it, a cracked open door to my left. "Vance?" I call out, opening the door. Bingo! I smile when I see I've found the garage, and I smile even wider when I see Vance. "Y/N? What's up?" He asks, standing up straight. He's near the back corner of the garage, a big box blocking most of my view of him. "You're taking awhile, you good?" I ask, walking down the three, creaky, wooden steps to the garages dirty, grey, concrete floors. "I'm fine. I was looking for my old bike." He says, shaking the dirty, big box a bit. "Ahh cool. Why?" I laugh, stepping up to the big box, I look in and see a red bike.

"For you." "For... Me?" I question, looking up at him. "I have a perfectly good one I don't use. Why not give it to you, you need one don't you?" He shrugs, his hands in his jeans pockets. "Doesn't it have have sentimental value to you?" I question, I honestly feel bad taking it he'd regret it later. "Nah I never really used it, that's why it's out here." He shrugs again and takes his hands out of his pockets to dig in the box. "Ok." I respond while backing away to give him room. He lifts the red bike out of the box and sets it down on its kick stand. "Don't worry about the flats, my dad owns a bike shop, he can fill it up for free this weekend." Vance explains, I nod and move closer to the bike.

"So... Why'd you get a new bike if you have a perfectly good one right here?" I ask, not really believing his whole story. "Two shitty years bought me a new one." Vance mumbles, his eyes shifting from the bike to me. "Family stuff?" I ask, he clenches his jaw and opens his hand as if to ask for the cart. I place the cart in his hand and watch him take a long drag, he coughs a bit when he finally blows back out. "Something like that. But uhm, yeah I have my other bike and this one. Regardless of the situation I don't use it. I'd rather you have it then watch it rot." He says, I nod and take the cart back and take a hit.

"Thanks Vance, but... Maybe when you're sober we can talk about this again." I say, moving to hug him tightly. He reluctantly reaches around my sides to hug me back. "You don't want it?" He mumbles into my ear. I hug him closer and lay my head over his back. "You dork, of course I want to accept a gift from you. But I'd rather you give it to me sober, just to make sure it's what you want." I say backing up a bit to grab his cheeks. "Ok.." He chuckles, avoiding eye contact. I move away and spin around to face the fridge. "Drinks! In the fridge I assume?" "No shit." He chuckles, shuffling past me.

*** Time Skip ***

After dropping Finn and Robin off at Robins, Vance convinced me to stay at his, till I sober up at least. It originally didn't sound like a bad idea, not until sleep starting hitting me hard. "Don't fall asleep." Vance says, sitting down on his bed next to me. I groan and rub my hands up and down my face. "I'm tryingggg I always get tired after smoking." I tell him, the high has faded for both of us, as we haven't smoked in a good two hours. It's dark out now and I should've gone home a hour ago.

"You can stay here if you want. My parents won't be back till the afternoon." Vance offers, laying down directly next to me. I sigh deeply and flip to my side to look at him. He does the same and rests his head on his hand. "We have spent almost every night together." I tell him, he shrugs. "And?" "And.... Well, I guess there's not a problem with it." I think and shrug back at him. "Exactly." He smirks, he spins over and grabs a pen off his night stand. "Write your phone number on my arm. I'll call for you." He says, I take the pen and write my number.

"Thanks Vance." I say, he nods and goes to get up, I grab his shirt collar and pull him back down. "What the he'll are you doing, Y/N?" I kiss his cheek and let him go. "A kind gesture." I laugh, he stands up straight and throws the pen on the night stand. "Thanks babe." He smirks and laughs a bit. "No problem, babe." I wink back, he shakes his head and laugh again, hurrying out of the room before night swallows me whole.

When he comes back he looks joyful. "Why do you look so happy? Has the weed not worn off yet?" I joke, he shakes his head and lays back down. "Theo answered, he is protective of you, in some weird ways." He laughs, I tsk and lay on my back. "Did he say some weird shit?" I ask, he laughs and kicks his shoes off. "Weird shit doesn't come close." We laugh together for a moment.

I pull his bedsheets over us and roll to my side facing away from him. "Thanks for letting me stay over." I thank him, I can hear his hesitation as he speaks. "No problem." He says, a simple sentence that shouldn't have sounded doubtful.

I realize why he sounded that way when he wraps his arm around my stomach. "Is this too weird?" He laughs, honestly I'm too tired to care. "Mmn." I shake my head and scoot back into his chest as he holds me close. He presses his face into my shoulder and begins to breath slower. Soon enough I'm fast asleep, holding his arm close.

___________
Authors note:
I split the last chapter into two parts so it'd flow better so you get three uploads today :)

Also if you think this is out of character I say it's not- and uh kiss my ass 💪😎
It's a joke plz laugh lmao