Bathroom Scene - 25

(Photo from: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1101130177616752671/)

TW: fai and fa slur used

School is boring as fuck, though I doubt I have to tell you that for you to believe it. On the plus side there's been no fights today, probably because Moose is suspended for a week. That kid sounds like he's constantly stirring up trouble. I hope I won't have to deal with him when he comes back.

Essentially today has been a normal school day, minus having friends in my classes. Like I want any anyways, the group I'm already friends with is an exception now. We've been through some stupid shit and funny stuff together, so we've bonded pretty fast.

It's beginning to seem like the high school clichés are real. For once it doesn't seem like a bad thing. Despite me thinking poetically all day Bruce has been talking to me whenever he gets the chance. Right now our teacher is demonstrating how to change the colour of fires flame. He's loudly explaining it and obviously too sucked into his own teachings to see Bruce pass me a note.

I glance up at the teacher and shake my head softly. "Open it." Bruce whispers, I do so and unfold the paper. The torn paper reads, "I have a question... Do you have a crush on Vance? ;)". I hold back laughter as I take my pens cap off and scribble back an answer. "No why worried I'll steal your best friend from you" I give Bruce a smirk as I slide it back into his open hand. He takes it and reads it, he has a confused look on his face that fades to understanding in seconds.

He writes quickly and throws it back at me. "Sorry, I couldn't read your response because of your shit grammar." I roll my eyes and continue reading. "Of course I'm not worried, and he's not just my best friend, he's practically my brother! I think it's safe to say you could never steal my place in Vance's heart!" I laugh softly and crumble up the note and throw it at him, it hits his arm and drops to the floor. He bends down to pick it up when the teacher clears his throat. "Pay attention Yamada, Y/L/N."

"Sorry sir, we will." Bruce says for us, the teacher nods and goes back to explaining. I snicker and mock Bruce with a snarky voice impression. "Sorry sir." I whisper super quietly, he frowns and shakes his head. "You're an idiot." He whispers back, smiling like a goofball before turning his attention to the experiment so we don't get into trouble.

*** Time Skip ***

Bruce and I are walking down the hallway after our long fifth hour when Bruce speaks. "I've gotta use the bathroom before lunch." He says, pointing pass the cafeteria doors. "Is it weird if I tag along?" I ask, chuckling a bit. "Do you gotta go?" He sneers, I shake my head and toss my shit into my locker. "Nah." I respond. "Then it's definitely weird." He teases me, though I can tell he doesn't actually care. "Don't flatter yourself, I'm not preying on you." I tease back, rolling my eyes at him.

We walk to the bathroom together, talking on and on about how boring science was until we reach the bathroom. Bruce pushes the door open and heads inside. I expect the bathroom to be empty, however it's not. Three boys, one with brown fluffy hair, one with brown mid-length flat hair and one with curly orange hair are standing outside the back stall door. Bruce walks in and glances back at me, however I don't look at him. "We've got a problem here?" I speak up, sliding my hands into my striped over shirt.

"What's it to you?" The mid length haired boy growls, stepping closer to Bruce and I. "I just want to piss in peace." Bruce says, gesturing is hands up to show he's not a threat, I eye the guy up and down. This kids bad news. He flicks his head towards him and sneers. "You're friends with these freaky ass fairies? You must be a faggot too." He snarls, I can tell Bruce is about to defend us but the back stall door opening grabs everyone attention. "Grab him!" The two boys who are behind him grab the person and drag him out of the stall.

Finn kicks at the orange haired boy hard in the shin. "Hey!" Bruce yells, his fist bawled, for one Bruce looks pissed and ready for a fight. The orange haired boy yelps in pain grabs for Finn. "Let go of me you fucking assholes!" Finn yells as the two boys grab his arms, trying to swing at him, the boy who was talking to us before swings hard and punches Finn in the stomach.

"Get the fuck away from him!" Bruce yells, he tries to dive forwards but I stop him and push him back a bit. The boy kicks Finn in the dick and the other two laugh and keep him up. "Unless you want what he's having I sug-" The boy starts but I stop him with a hard right hook. He stumbles back into his friends and grabs his cheek. The fluffy haired boy grabs him before he falls and pushes him up, giving Finn a quick out. He limp-runs passed me and out of the bathroom, Bruce hurries after him but I don't move.

"Stay the fuck away from Finn or I'll victimize each of you." I point at each of them as they shiver and nod quickly. I back out of the bathroom and turn around only to open the door. I roll my wrist and look around to find the other two, yet I don't see them so I make my way towards the cafeteria, assuming they'll be there.

"Bingo." I mutter as a pissed off Vance storms out of the cafeteria, Robin, Finn and Bruce behind him. "Hey is-" I stop when he speaks up. "Hurry up." I follow him outside the red hallway doors, hopping to keep him from fighting.

"I am I am." I laugh a bit, bitting my cheek as he pushes me off to the side. "Did they hurt you?" "No." "Did they say anything to you?" He questions me, his hands on my shoulders, I push his hands away from me and shrug. "Really, I'm good Vance. Is Finn ok?" I ask, he lightens up a bit and glances back at Finn and the others when they burst through the doors.

"Y/N, are you ok?" Robin asks, jogging to Vance's side. "No shit-I'm good, those kids are way smaller than me. Quit treating me like I'm gonna break, I'm not some bimbo bitch needing protection." I scoff, Vance frowns and shoves his hands in his pockets. "We ask everyone when a fight happens, and believe me it happens a lot." Robin says, patting my shoulder softly. I nod and lick my lips, sighing softly. "Is Finn ok? They got a good hit on him." I say, Robin nods and looks back at him. "He can handle it, it's the name calling we're worried about." Robin says a bit more quietly as if he doesn't actually want me to know, I nod again to agree.

"I'll keep that in mind." I say, looking at Finn and Bruce, watching Bruce comfort him a bit, yet Finn seems completely ok. He's smiling now and nodding as Bruce intensely encourages him. "Alright, well if everyone's ok I'm hungry." I say with a soft laugh, I move past Vance and Robin. "Come on kid, let's get some food." I ruffle Finn's hair as I pass by and pull open the doors. I don't hear them follow for a second, but soon enough they do.