Chapter 29

Kaitlyn's POV

I looked at my mom and we had the same facial expression. Scared.

"What are we going to do?" I choked. I looked at her and waited for an answer. To be honest I didn't think I'd get an answer.

"You're going to run away," she sighed, and squeezed my hand. I looked at her in disbelief, Run Away from home?

"Where are we suppose to go," I asked. My mom didn't answer, she just stood up and motioned for me to follow her. We walked into her bedroom, and into her closet. She reached behind the dress that Riker hid behind earlier, and opened a door.

"What?" I paused, "How long has this been here? And you never answered my question earlier."

"This is my secret office. It's been here since we've been here," she explained, "And to answer your question WE are not going anywhere."

She led me into this office and it seemed pretty simple. A big dest sits in the middle of the room, with a few drawers on each side of desk.

"But you just said we were going to run away," I groaned in frustration. She went to a drawer and pulled out six huge stacks of cash. My jaw dropped as she kept pulling out more money.

"Kaitlyn," she paused, "I said you were going to run away." I froze when she said that. I can't run away on my own, not without my mom.

"What about you?" I asked trying to hold back my tears.

"Bill will come back here, and when he does it's better if he finds one of us than none," she explained as a tear fell down her cheek, "If he comes her and doesn't find anyone he will not stop searching for us. If he finds me maybe he'll spare you and just hurt me, I will try to give you enough time to at least get a head start."

"No mom," I sobbed and hugged her, "I'm not gonna leave you here to die."

"Sweetheart you have to go and he made not kill me," she cried, "Now hurry up and go pack a duffle bag, but leave your phone here so he can't track it."

I put my phone on the desk, and quickly walked to my room. I quickly packed a bag of the basic necessities clothes, toothbrush, hairbrush, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, shoes, shaving razor, and my razor blade.

When I walked back into the office my mom handed me a black duffle bag. I guess this is where she put all of the money she was pulling out of the drawer.

"Now I don't have much time but just go somewhere far far away from here," she sniffled, "And don't comeback no matter what okay?"

"But Mom I can't....I can't do this alone," I cried. She pulled me into a hug and kissed me on the forehead.

"I love you Kaitlyn remember that," she cried.

"Daddy's Home!" a male voice yelled from downstairs. My mom and I looked at each other, before she shoved me toward the back wall and she revealed a button on the desk.

"Run Kaitlyn, and don't come back," she looked at me with sadness, "I love you."

"I Love you to mom," I cried. She then clicked the button, and the next thing I knew I was falling. I then somehow ended up in my back yard. I grabbed both of my bags and quickly took off running where ever my feet would carry me.

I was a few houses down from my house when I remembered that I forgot my phone. "Should I," I thought, "No I can get another one." I'm not sure where I'm suppose to go and I'm not sure if I can go through with this running away thing.

I started walking because I can only run so long, as I was walking I passed Riker's house. I should probably say goodbye to him, since I'll never see him again. It really hurts to know that I'll never see him again, especially since we just started dating.

I walked into Riker's backyard and climbed up a tree to get to his window. I've done this many times before if you were wondering. I tapped on Riker's window and the curtains pulled apart revealing a shirtless Rocky. As soon as he saw it was me he opened the window and let me in.

"Kaitlyn what are you doing here?" he asked.

"Is Riker here?" I asked.

"He's in the shower," he replied.

"Oh," I paused, "I'll wait." I sat down on Riker's bed and looked at my shoes.

"What are you doing here Kaitlyn?" Rocky asked.

"I just need to talk to Riker," I said quietly.

"Y-You can talk to me," Rocky smiled.

"Thanks Rocky but this is something between me and Riker," I said politely. Rocky then came over and sat next to me on Riker's bed, and held my hand.

"Look Kaitlyn there's something I need to tell you," he sighed.

"What it is," I replied, slightly confused about what's going on.

"Kaitlyn, Riker can't love you like I can," he says confidently. I look at him like he has two heads. Oh right he's got a crush on me.

"Look Rocky I-," I'm cutoff by the door opening, revealing Riker with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Kaitlyn?" he questions, "What are you doing here?" Riker walks toward me and he gives Rocky a funny look. "Really Rocky let go of her hand," he laughs. I look down at our hands, and he still hasn't let go.

"Rocky!" Riker growls, "Let go." Rocky squeezes my hand tighter, challenging Riker. Riker then comes over pries Rocky's hand off of mine then sits in between us.

"So beautiful what brings you here," Rocky smiles. Riker gives Rocky the 'Im gonna kill you' look and I giggle.

"I need to talk to you," you sigh, as I remember the situation I'm in.

"Ok Rocky get out," Riker demands, and drags Rocky towards the door. As soon as Rocky's out of the room Riker locks the door. "What do you want to talk about," he asks. As soon as he said that tears ran down my face, and he was by my side immediately.

"I-I don't know what to do," I cried.

"What wrong baby," Riker asks, and pulls me into a hug.

"Bill he escaped jail, and my mom said I have to run away without her," I paused, "I'm so scared I don't know where to go, and I don't know what to do."

"It's ok Kaitlyn," he coos, "I'll help you."

"Y-You will?" I stutter.

"Yes," he pauses, "We'll Run Away. Together."

___________________________________

Dun Dun Duhhhh
One more Chapter until the end of the book!

Comment & Vote