Chapter 10

Kaitlyn's POV

Uh Oh I thought he would just leave me alone for the night.

"STAND UP YOU USELESS PIECE OF SH*T," Bill yells.

"W-Why," I stutter.

"BECAUSE I SAID SO," He yells even louder.

Me being the stupid person I am I obey Bill and stand up. He pulls off his leather belt and folds it in his hand.

Before I can beg for mercy Bill hits me with his belt. I scream in pain and fall to the floor.

Bill continues to hit me and the pain is unbearable. No matter how loud I scream he's never gonna stop.

My mom is standing at the door watching the entire thing. I can tell she's crying but not as much as me.

After 5 minutes of torture Bill gets tired and stops.

"Now don't you ever leave your backpack on the couch again," he growls and walks out.

Really?!?! That's why I got the belt. I hate my life.

I don't have the strength to get up and get into bed so I lay on the floor.

I can see a light come from my phone and I reach to grab it.

Riker texted me back.

~~~Text Convo.~~~

Riker: What did she tell you?

Kaitlyn: I will tell you tomorrow I'm in too much pain to talk now

Riker: Are you okay? What happened?

Kaitlyn: I will tell you tomorrow Bye.

~~~End of Convo.~~~

I put my phone next to me and I lay on the floor in pain.

~~~~2 hours later~~~~

Riker's POV

Kaitlyn won't text me back. If she's in pain then I have to help her.

Everyone is asleep so I quietly sneak out of the house. I run to Kaitlyn's house because she only lives 6 houses down.

When I reach her house all of the lights are off. I run around to the backyard and climb a tree that leads to Kaitlyn's balcony.

I open the door and Kaitlyn's not laying in her bed. Oh No what did Bill do to her?

I walk around her bed and I almost trip over something. Kaitlyn! I kneel down beside her and gently shake her.

"Kaitlyn," I whisper still shaking her.

"R-Riker," she mumbled opening her eyes, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to make sure that you were still alive," I reply picking her up.

"Ow Ow Ow," she gasps holding her leg.

I lay her on her bed and look at her leg. It's bleeding a little bit but there are bandages on her legs.

Somebody helped her by stopping all the bleeding.

"Who helped you," I asked.

"My mom," she replied, "She's actually nice to me."

"Then why didn't she stop Bill from doing this to you," I say gently rubbing her leg.

"It's a long story can I tell you tomorrow," she mumbles clearly wanting to sleep.

"Fine," I say kissing her forehead, "But I want every detail."

"Okay Riker," she says kissing my cheek.

"It's Friday tomorrow, well today, are we going to stay at home," I ask.

"Yes, I'm in desperate need of a good weekend," she replies.

"Okay," I say pulling a blanket over her, "Goodnight Kaitlyn."

"Goodnight Riker," she mumbles watching me leave.

When I left Kaitlyn's house I decided to walk home I'm too lazy to run back. I walk through the door to my house and it's silent.

I quietly close the door and walk up to my room. I quietly lay down so I don't wake Rocky but to my surprise he's already up.

"Where did you go," Rocky asks.

"Kaitlyn's, don't tell mom," I reply.

"You like Kaitlyn don't you," he teases.

"Shut up Rocky go to bed," I mumble turning away from him.

"Riker loves Kaitlyn," He sings.

I throw a pillow at him and it hits right in the face.

"Ow," he whines throwing the pillow back at me.

"Goodnight Rocky," I giggle.

"Goodnight Rikey PooPookinz," Rocky laughs.

Ugh brothers. I can't wait for tomorrow nothing but me and Kaitlyn.

Maybe I do like Kaitlyn but she would never like me back we've been friends forever. Just go to sleep Riker. After my mental argument, I drifted off into a peaceful oblivion of sleep.