Chapter 17

Kaitlyn's POV

These handcuffs hurt my wrists.

The police put me and my mom in holding cell for a bit. They said there getting the interrogation rooms set up. I'm scared.

"Mom what are we going to do?" I ask.

"We're going to answer the questions truthfully," she replies.

"But if we tell them Bill killed Keith and stabbed Riker, then he will come after us and kill us," I say.

"Oh yeah," my mom sighed, "just say it was a burglary gone wrong."

"You act like it's so easy," I mumble.

"The sooner we get out of here, the sooner we can get back to the hospital," she whispered.

"Kaitlyn Henderson, come with me," the cop demanded. I got up and followed him to this dim room.

I sat down in one of the chairs, and the sheriff came in and sat down across from me. Oh no here we go.

"Hello Kaitlyn I'm Sheriff Doug, how are you today?" Sheriff Doug asked.

"Well, my best friend got stabbed, my dad got shot, and I'm at the police station for no reason, so my day is going pretty good," I sarcastically stated.

"Don't worry you'll be out soon I just have to ask you a few questions," Sheriff Doug replied.

"Okay," I mumbled.

"Where were you today at 4:30 p.m. today?" he asked.

"My friend Riker and I went to a house," I sighed.

"Who's house?" he questioned.

"It's a house we share," I answered.

"Ok so you know Riker Lynch?" he said scribbling something down on paper.

"I've know Riker since we were babies, we're best friends," I sighed, thinking about the condition Riker is in.

"Hmm ok, Where were you when Keith Wright was shot?" he asks.

"Sitting on the couch about 6 feet from him," I wiggled in my seat trying to get comfortable.

"And who shot Keith?" he said raising an eyebrow.

"A robber," I lied.

"And who stabbed Riker?" he interrogated.

"The same robber," I lied. If you haven't noticed I'm a terrific liar.

"Okay Kaitlyn who is Bill?" he frowned.

"My step dad," I sighed looking around.

"And where is he?" he spoke. That's a great question, where is Bill?

"He's at work, his hours are 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.," I stated.

"Hmm okay Kaitlyn, we're gonna take you back out, and bring your mom in," he ordered.

I nodded my head and he led me back to my cell. Then he took my mom in for questioning.

Melinda's POV (Kaitlyn's mom)

It's been 15 minutes of question after question. Just get me out of here.

"Melinda be honest you and your daughter could go to jail for lieing," Doug stated, "who killed Keith, and who stabbed Riker."

"Like I said before it was a robber," I almost shouted.

"Yeah Kaitlyn told me that to but the two of you are lieing," he smirked, "I know this because you're pupils dilate when you lie."

I was speechless what do I do?

"Melinda, you and Kaitlyn are looking at 25 to life for these charges," Doug sighed, "the women in that prison will eat your daughter alive, now Who did it?"

I don't want Kaitlyn to become somebody's B*tch in prison, she my baby girl. She's suppose to marry Riker. I broke into tears at the thought.

"Okay it was Bill he killed my ex husband Keith, and he stabbed Riker," I sobbed.

Oh No what have I done?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the slow updates guys school sucks :(