Chapter 24

Kaitlyn's POV

I don''t know what to think now that Bill is in jail his threats scares me. Am I safe? Can I finally live a bruise free life?

I guess I'll find out. I woke up the next morning to Riker's arms wrapped around me. This feels right, I can't believe he's finally mine. That's all I've ever I wanted.

"Good morning beautiful," Riker smiles.

"Hello handsome," I giggle, and run my hand through his hair, "How long have you been up?"

"Not long," he replies. I look down at my bandages and another question flashes through my head.

"When do we get released," I asked.

"Umm we both get released today I think," he shrugs. I nod my head and I kiss his cheek. He flashes that cheeky smile I love so much, and it makes my heart melt.

"Hello kids," Stormie smiles, walking through the door, "I'm here to take you both home." She hands me and Riker some clothes, and we get dressed.

I help Riker to the car, since he winces every time he takes a step. We crawl into the back seat and we're greeted by Mark.

"Hey there son. Hi Kaitlyn," he smiles.

"Hi Mr.Lynch," I wave.

"Hey there Pops," Riker chuckles. As soon as Stormie gets in she drives me to my house. I thank Mr. and Mrs. Lynch for the ride, and I wave goodbye to Riker.

When I walk into my house a smell pancakes. Man do I love Pancakes.

"Mom I'm home," I yell walking toward the kitchen. I'm greeted by a kiss on the cheek and a hug from my mom.

"Hey sweetie I made you pancakes, with white chocolate chips your favorite," she smiles and hands me my stack of pancakes.

"You're the best mom," I smile, and start eating my pancakes.

Riker's POV

After we dropped Kaitlyn, we drove home. My mom helped me out of the car and into the house. Where I was greeted by a "Welcome home Riker" sign.

"Big brother your home!" Rydel yells and gives me hug. The next thing I knew I was in the middle of a group hug made up of Ross, Rocky, Ryland, Rydel, and Ratliff.

"It feels good to be home," I say and wiggle my way out of the group hug and over to the couch. I turned the TV, and turned the channel to Destination Truth.

I must've dosed off because I don't remember much after that.

Are you sure you want to do this Kaitlyn? Yes Riker I'm sure, I Love you and I trust you. There's no one else I want to do this with. Okay, lets do this, I Love You so much Kaitlyn.

I'm shaken from my dream by Ryland. "What do you want you Ryland," I sigh, slightly annoyed.

"You're sleeping on my controller," He says. I stand up and he grabs his controller. I look out the window and it's dark outside.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"It's 9:30p.m." he replies. Holy crap I've been asleep for a long time. I check my phone and I have 3 text messages from Kaitlyn telling me to come over.

I walk into the kitchen and my mom is doing dishes. "Hey mom I'm gonna go to Kaitlyn's I'll be back soon ok," I say, before she can answer I'm already half way down the hallway.

I walk down the street to Kaitlyn's and I knock on her door. I'm not in the mood for climbing up to her balcony. I wait a few minutes and Kaitlyn pulls me into the house.

She leads me up to her room and she sits me down on her bed. Then she sits down next to me and grabs my hands.

"Riker we have a problem," she frowns.

"What is it ?" I ask, worried.

"I'm moving," she sobs.

-----------------------------------------
I have a lot of good ideas for this book so there's going to be more drama.
Sorry updates are taking forever😐
Check out my other book Dangerous Love✌️