Chapter 13

Kaitlyn's POV

I walk in and Bill's face is red and my mom is nowhere to be found.

"H-Hey guys," I stutter.

"Get your a** over here now," Bill growls.

I obey him and I sit on the couch. I look over at the coffee table and I see the metal box. Great.

"What is this, who is Keith, and are you pregnant you slut," Bill growls.

"I'm not pregnant," I retort.

Bill looks like he's about to explode and beat me to death. Mom where are you? Just as Bill was about to speak mom comes downstairs. Thank the Lord.

"Bill honey I have a hot bath for you upstairs," Mom says.

Bill huffs then walks upstairs, on the way he kisses my mom on the cheek. Bill closes the bedroom door leaving me and my mom alone.

"Where did you find the gun," She worries, running over to me.

"It was on the coffee table when I got home," I slightly whisper.

"I forgot to put it away," she says, "Why did you hide it in your room?"

"I didn't want you to get in trouble," I muttered.

"Sweetie Bill doesn't know who Keith is," She replied, pulling me into a hug.

"I-I didn't know that," I whispered.

"Kaitlyn just tell him it's a friend's gun, and maybe he will go easy on you," She mumbled stroking my hair.

"He's gonna beat me until my insides bleed," I cry.

My mom hugs me tighter and wipes my tears.

"I would never let him get that far," she whispers, "Go lay down upstairs."

I obey her and go lay down in my room. I stare at my ceiling for a while and I eventually fall asleep.

~~~~2 hours later~~~~

I wake up to my mom shaking me.

"Kaitlyn, Bill wants you downstairs," she whispers.

I nod then follow her downstairs, where Bill is waiting. I sit down on the couch and pray for the best.

"We're you planning on killing me," Bill growls.

"No sir it's my friends gonna," I nervously mumble.

"You don't have any friends," He chuckles.

"Yes I do," I snap.

"Do not get in attitude with me," Bill shouts standing up.

He slaps me with his back hand and I fall to the ground. I try to crawl away but he kicks me in the stomach, causing me to curl up into a ball.

Just as he was about to punch me in the side, the doorbell rings. Talk about saved by the bell.

Bill sits me on the couch and gives me the the glare that means "don't say anything or I will end your life".

Mom answers the door and she stands there in shock. Bill walks over to see who it is.

"Who are you," Bill asks.

"My name is Keith, you good sir married my wife," The man stated.

Oh My Gosh!!!! My Dad is alive!