Chapter 9

Kaitlyn's POV

"I'm listening," I say

Mom shifts in her seat so she's facing me.

"To start, Bill isn't your biological father," She sighs.

"What," I say shocked and wide eyes.

"Your real fathers name was Keith, he died in a car accident when you were two weeks old," she sniffed wiping away a stray tear.

I am at a loss of words. On the bright side I'm not related to that ogre Bill, but on the downside my real dad is dead.

"O-Okay," I stutter, "Why do you beat me?"

"Bill is a very aggressive man with a broken past," She sighs, "He takes his anger out on you."

"And you let him," I sniff letting a year run down my cheek.

"Sweetie, he said he would kill you if I tried to stop him," she said taking my hand, "I have to play along because I don't want my only daughter to die."

"I-I don't know what to say," I choked.

"Sweetie I'm sorry I got you into this," she comforts by rubbing my hand, "If I could go back in time to where I met Bill, I would've walked the other way"

"Why can't we run away," I sob.

"Bill said he would hunt us down and kill us both," she said rubbing my arm, "And what about Riker."

"Oh yeah, I promised him I'd never leave," I say wiping a tear away.

"That's what your real father told me too," she sobbed.

We sat there for about an hour hugging each other and crying. I can trust my mom she Loves me and I love her.

~~~~4 hours later~~~~

I up in my room laying in my bed. Mom and I ate dinner together, it was actually nice.

She told me to go to my room before Bill came home, so I could possibly escape a beating.

Oh crap!!! I forgot to text Riker. I texted Riker, and I waited for him to reply.

I was drifting to sleep when my door flew open. Revealing the one person I really didn't want to see tonight.

Bill.