Chapter 14

Kaitlyn's POV

OMG!!!! My dad is alive!!!

"What?" Bill angrily stated.

"My wife is now your wife," Keith simplified.

"Keith y-your alive," My mom gasped.

"It's nice to see you again Melinda," Keith said giving her a hug.

Honestly, this guy is like a Chinese traffic sign, I was little when he "died" so I'm confused.

Keith walked in and mom closed the door. Bill looked beyond pissed and it brought a smile to my face. Keith looked around the living room then his gaze met mine.

"You must be Kaitlyn," he smiled. He walked toward me and stood in front of me.

I stood up and hugged him, I didn't know what else to do I'm still confused. On the bright side he hugged back and stroked my hair.

"I'm your father," He whispered in my ear.

"I know," I whispered back. We pulled apart and my mom was in tears.

"Keith I thought you were dead," She sobbed. Keith walked over to her and pulled her into a comforting hug.

"I know I have a lot of explaining to do," He sighed.

"Wait what the H*ll is going on here," Bill questioned.

"Keith is my real father, and my mom's last husband," I stated, "he's suppose to be dead."

"Alright I will explain everything," Keith says. He sits down on the couch and runs his hands together.

My mom sits next to him and I sat right next to her. Keith was about to start talking when he was interrupted by my cellphone. Riker's calling.

~~~ Phone Convo.~~~

Kaitlyn: Hey I can't talk right now

Riker: Are we going to the house or not?

Kaitlyn: I'm sorry Riker there's just stuff going on right now.

Riker: Okay Bye.

~~~ End of Convo~~~

I could sense the disappointment in his voice, I promised him that it would be just us this week but I lied. I feel horrible.

Everyone was looking at me, it made me uncomfortable.

"Continue," I sighed.

"Well, I had a gambling issue and I didn't repay my debts. They came after me and so I faked my death." Keith explained.

"But where have you been these past 17 years," my mom asked.

"I have been hiding out in Fiji, until I got word that the guy who was after me had died," he said.

"So what are you doing here," Bill cut in.

"Well I came to see my wife and my daughter," He spoke glancing from me to my mom.

"How long do you plan on being here," I asked.

"Well, I can see you two are doing just fine, but I'm planning on staying in LA for awhile." He smiled.

A part of me wanted to tell no I'm not fine I get bullied at school and beaten at home, but I didn't.

"I'm so happy to you," my mom smiled.

"I'm happy to see the both of you," Keith smiled.

"Keith why don't you and I go into the kitchen and grab a beer," Bill said a little to friendly.

"Sure," Keith said following Bill into the kitchen.

When they disappeared into the kitchen I looked at my mom.

"Dad's alive we don't have to suffer anymore," I smiled. Mom looked at me and frowned.

"Are you crazy, Bill will not hesitate to kill us if we leave," she frowned.

"But my dad's alive," I sobbed. My mom hugged me and rubbed my back.

"Sweetie I know but we can't move in with him," she said still rubbing my back. Keith came back in with a beer in his hand.

"So Kaitlyn I bet you have a lot of questions for me, and I have a lot of questions for you," Keith stated, "so I guess we will have a daddy and daughter day tomorrow, how does that sound?"

"It sounds perfect," I smiled. I stood up and gave him a hug then I sit back down. Keith and my mom start flirting with each other and it's the cutest thing.

At the corner of my eye I see Bill in the kitchen door way, holding something. Why does he have that?

Before I can tell anything a loud noise fills the house. The sound of gunfire.

"DADDY NO!!" I yell crawling towards my dad's lifeless body.