Chapter 21

Riker's POV

Man there is nothing on TV. I wonder if Kaitlyn is coming by after school? I miss her so much.

My thoughts were interrupted by Nurse Christine coming in.

"Riker sweetie, do you mind sharing a room with another patient?" she asked.

"No I don't mind," I smiled, "Is Nurse Jackie coming in today?"

"No sorry, it's her day off," she frowned, "Your roommate will be in as soon as she gets out of surgery." She then walked out and left me to my thoughts.

If you're wondering who Nurse Jackie is, she was the lady talking to me when Kaitlyn came in yesterday. She has been the nicest lady ever. Well besides my mom.

She got me my own room....well for now. My last roommate was old man Jenkins, he complained that I had to many people coming to visit me. He also said I smelt like a strip club.

Not sure what that means, I thought I smelt nice. He just a crazy old man. Anyway, I hope my roommate isn't as bad as old man Jenkins.

"Riker sweetie why aren't you resting," my mom sighed coming into the room.

"I am resting I slept all night, and I'm stuck in this hospital bed for the next few days," I frowned, "so this is rest."

She just shook her head and sat down in the chair next to my bed. She looked at me and sighed.

"Riker sweetie, I don't think you should go to Kaitlyn's house anymore," she frowned.

"What, Mom you can't forbid me from seeing Kaitlyn," I raised my voice a bit, "she needs me, if I'm not in her life she'll kill herself. I can't live with myself knowing I could've helped Kaitlyn, but I turned her away and she kills herself."

"Riker I'm not say to turn her away, I'm saying don't go over to her house," she replied.

"Oh okay, we don't hangout at her house anyway," I smiled.

"So, how's your day going," she asked.

"Good, I'm getting a new roommate," I smiled.

"That's great, I hope your new roommate isn't like your last one," she giggled, "I could of swore he tried to hit on me."

"I'm sure he did mom," I laughed. She looked at her phone and then back to me.

"I have to go get Rydel from the rage," She sighed standing up.

"Okay Bye mom," I smiled. She kisses me on the forehead and leaves the room.

"Riker your roommate just got out of surgery she should be in shortly," Nurse Christine told me.

I nodded my head, and she left. So my roommate is a girl, maybe I'll get a new girlfriend out of this.

Haha, yeah right there's only one girl for me and that's Kaitlyn Henderson. I wonder how she's doing in school right now.

Kaitlyn's POV

I woke up in a white room with really bright lights. Am I still at school?

"Well hello Miss Henderson, how are you feeling," A tall man in white whispered.

"Am I dead," I croaked. He laughed and shook his head.

"You're in the hospital, I'm Doctor Herschel Smith," he smiled.

"I'm in the hospital, why?" I questioned.

"Well, Kaitlyn you almost cut your main blood vessel," he sighed, "if you would've cut just a little deeper, you'd be paying heaven a visit."

"Are you gonna send me to a mental hospital," I frowned.

"No Kaitlyn, I should but I'm not going to," He smiled, "I believe in second chances, however you end up here one more time, and I will send you to a mental hospital."

"Thank you for giving me another chance," I smiled.

"You're welcome, you will be sharing a room with one of our patients," he smiled, "Nurse Christine will take you there shortly."

I nodded in approval and Doctor Herschel smiled and walked out. I hope my roommate isn't some old man.

"Hello I'm Nurse Christine I will be taking you to your new room," the nurse smiled. I smiled back and she rolled my bed out of the room.

After we passed a series of rooms she turned my into room 309. Thank god Riker's room number is 203, if Riker saw me here he'd kill me.

When she wheeled me into the room I heard a familiar voice.

"Kaitlyn?" the voice sounded. When I looked up I locked eyes with a certain blonde.

"Riker?" I croaked, and looked up to see him with a confused look.

"What are you doing here?" he questioned.

Oh great. Riker's gonna kill me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At least her roommate wasn't old man Jenkins. 😂