Chapter 3

Kaitlyn's POV

If you're wondering what Home is.... well I'll tell ya. Home is an abandoned house  with a private beach, it's actually in really good condition. Riker and I found it when we were 12 it's hidden behind a big wall of rocks. It's three stories including  basement. It even has electricity, running water and the plumbing works. Honestly who would abandon that place it's awesome.

Riker and I spend a lot of time there it's my escape from everything. I go there if I'm sad or after I've just been beaten by my parents.

It's a 20 minute drive but it's worth it.

"We're home," Riker tells getting out of the car and running towards the house. His excitement makes me smile gotta love the boy.

"Wait for me," I yell running after him. I shouldn't of said that because he's already in the house.

I walk in the house and a big weight is lifted off of my shoulders. Man do I love this place.

"Hey Kaitlyn," Riker calls from upstairs.

"What," I yell walking toward the staircase.

"I'm in love with this bed," Riker shouts. I giggle the bed he's talking about is the one we bought last month. We are going to make over the house and make it ours.

"That's why we bought it dummy," I giggle walking up the stairs to the master bedroom.

I get to the bedroom and Riker is spread out like a starfish on the bed. Good Lord this boy is my life.

"You're such a dork Riker," I laugh.

"Shut up it's been a long day," he mumbles into a pillow.

"Long day it's only 9 o'clock," I giggle crawling next to him on the bed.

Riker wraps his arms around me pulling me closer to him. The smell of his cologne fills my nose it's my favorite smell in the world. Before I knew it I drifted off to sleep in his arms. I wish I could stay like this forever.

~~~~~~~~~6 hours later~~~~~~~~

Riker's POV

I wake up and Kaitlyn isn't in my arms anymore. I run out of the room and run downstairs and the front door is open. I run out the door looking for Kaitlyn. Thank the Lord she's just sitting on the beach looking at the ocean.

It's time to talk to her about her wrists. I hate it when she cuts she doesn't deserve to be put through that pain. I walk up behind her and sit next to her. She looks at me and smiles.

"Did you sleep well," She asks.

"Yeah I did, did you," I ask.

"Best sleep this week," she smiles.

"So you cut your wrists again," I say looking at her.