Chapter 7

Kaitlyn's POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP

URGH that stupid alarm clock. One of these days I will murder whoever made alarm clocks.

I unplugged my alarm clock and looked at my phone. I have a text from Riker.

Riker: Don't forget I'm picking you up this morning so be ready or else I will leave you :D

I giggle at his message he'd never leave me. I grab my clothes and head into my bathroom.

~~~35 minutes later~~~

I step out of the shower and look at my wrists. No bleeding today. Let's hope it stays that way. I go through my morning routine, and I put on my pink Floyd tank top along with a pair of blue jean shorts, with my galaxy converse. I put on a bunch of bracelets on each wrist to cover up my cuts.

I walk out of my rooms and I smell pancakes. At least I think it's pancakes.

My dad's car is gone, so I walk into the kitchen. My mom is making pancakes, I'm so confused.

"Hey sweetie here I made you some pancakes," she says setting a plate down in front of me.

"Are they poisoned," I say looking at her. She gives me a sad look and instantly regret saying it.

She walks over and sits next to me.

"Sweetie I'm sorry for all the times I've hurt I didn't want to," She says on the verge of tears.

I don't say anything I just shove pancakes in my mouth, to prevent me from talking.

*HONK HONK*

"That's Riker, breakfast was good mom bye," I say running out of the house and getting in Riker's car.

"Good Morning," Riker says with a smile on his face.

"Boy to I have somethings to tell you," I say looking at him.

He pulls out of the driveway and heads toward school. We drive in silence for awhile and I didn't even notice.

"So what did you wanna tell me," Riker says pulling up next to my car.

"I will have to tell you later," I say getting out of the car.

Riker nods and we head into school. I go to my locker and enter my combination. I grab my stuff and head to Geometry.

~~~Lunch Time~~~

I grab my lunch tray and head over to sit with Riker and Rydel.

"You can stop looking over your shoulder," Riker says looking at me, "Derek and Claudia got suspended for a week."

"Yes," I silently shout. Rydel giggles and takes a bite out of her sandwich.

"So what did you have to tell me this morning," Riker says taking a drink from his water bottle.

"My mom is being nice to me," I say. Riker spits out his water and Rydel almost choked on here sandwich.

"Is it some new tactic to abuse you," Rydel says.

"No she says she has some important things to explain after school," I say drink my soda.

"You've gotta tell me what happens," Riker says with excitement.

"Okay Riker," I giggle.

~~~After School~~~

I'm sitting in my car, about to pull out when Riker taps on my window.

"Yes Blondie," I chuckle rolling down my window.

"Don't forget to text me when you and your mom are done talking," He whispers like it's some secret.

"Okay I will," I giggle and he laughs and gets in his car.

I drive towards my house and my curiosity is getting the best of me.

What if this is a new abusive tactic?

I pull up to my house after a long drive home.

I get out of the car and walk into my house. My mom is sitting on the couch watching TV.

I walk over and sit down next to her.

"Okay Explain why you've made my life a living hell," I say looking at her.

"Okay what I'm about to tell you will change your life," She says looking back at me.