Friendly Fire

Liam's POV

It's September 29 and I am a couple of weeks from being eight months pregnant. My back is aching and my ankles are swollen. The fans continue on screaming my name and holding up signs that read my name even though I am now forced to sit down during the shows.

Currently Harry sits beside me his hand rubbing the small of my back as we sing Better Than Words. I can't help but snuggle into his side feeling exhausted and light headed. I have had only about eight hours of sleep in the past 48 hours due to the babies kicking me constantly.

"You doing okay?" Harry asks me for the fourth time in the past twenty minutes.

"Yeah, just a little light headed. I'm okay," I assure him wrapping my arm around my belly to help give my belly some support. The weight of the babies killing my back and hips. "Can you help me get to my feet?" I ask wanting to at least be on my feet for one song.

"Liam...." Harry makes no move to help me up.

"Ow! Fuck!" I drop my mic in shock of a painful kick to my ribs.

"Liam, what is it? Are you okay?" Harry asks concern taking him over and I realize that the Niall and Louis are also shooting me worried glances.

"Yeah, the babies are just being really active and kicked me hard in the ribs. Can you please help me to my feet?" I ask wanting up and out of the stage lights a little. Why is it always so warm on this damn stage?

"Li, maybe you should stay sitting I mean...."

"Harry, I need to stand. I need to get a little way out of these spot lights. It's way to hot," I grumble moving Harry's arm away from my back and try to get to my feet with using Harry's shoulder for support. I wrap an arm around my lower belly to help support the weight of it.

"It's not that warm. You're worrying me. Maybe I should have Zayn or Paddy come out here and get you," Harry helps me straighten up one of his hands on my lower back and the other on my shoulder helping me stand up .

I sway unsteadily trying to get my balance back, but my head disagrees and I sway.

"You're going to go lay down and let Dr. Ada take a look at you. You're warm and barely staying up straight. Back stage now, no arguments Liam James," Louis orders coming over to join Harry and I. I try to protest, but Zayn's hand is on my back and he is already pulling me away from Harry and off the stage.

I give in knowing there is no point in arguing, I am out numbered and have no rights. So I let Zayn practically carry me off the stage. Waiting for us right off stage is Melissa and Dr. Ada. I hear them exchanging hushed, urgent whispers with Zayn as he guides me further back stage, but I can't focus on their conversation no matter how hard I try.

"Zayn, I'm really dizzy...Something's not right..." I manage to get out keeping my arm around my tummy tears stinging my eyes.

I can't hear what Zayn's response is for my legs suddenly buckle and I am throwing up, gagging painfully.