Carrier Flu

Zayn's POV

"What do you mean he can't have a c-section?!" Ruth yells at me after I had explained the situation.

"My poor baby!" Karen gasps her hands to her mouth.

"I'm going to kill that blonde haired, backstabbing, two-faced, psycho pitch. At least the greasy little weasel is dead," Nicola grumbles looking enraged.

"To answer your question Ruth he can't have a c-section because the muscle of his womb is different than a woman's it is extremely strong. It's one of the things that guarantee that he can not have a miscarriage. Cutting into it is extremely difficult and dangerous for Liam. None of us want to take that risk," Harry responds for me. He settles down on the couch beside me Jeremiah in his arms. Jeremiah is fast asleep and drooling on Harry's shirt but he doesn't seem to mind a bit.

"Poor Liam. Is he doing okay now?" Ruth asks as I wrap my arm around Harry letting him snuggle into my side. 

"He's asleep. Has been doing a lot of sleeping on and off for the past couple of days. What happened really took its tole on him," I reply stroking Harry's hair gently being careful of the stitches that are in his head. 

"I'm sorry we couldn't have been here earlier. Your security wasn't letting anybody in. Is he handing everything okay?" Karen asks and for the first time today I am forced to see just how bad she is. She looks like she has aged ten years, there are bags under her eyes, her eyebrows are drawn on, her bare scalp covered with a scarf and she is as pale as the sheets of a hospital room. 

"He's upset, but doing well. I'm just happy that Naughty Boy is out of the picture and that Perrie will be going to prison," I reply sipping at the beer in front of me fiddling with the lid in front of me nervously. 

"How did they even get out last time? They should not have even got off so easily. They drugged you with a highly illegal drug and tried to use to get to Liam and were working for some crazy mad scientists!" Ruth yells throwing her hands up in the air angrily.

"I think the Donum bailed them out and you have to remember that in the eyes of the public Donum is a great research facility that takes care of their patients. For whatever reason I don't think Perrie or Naughty Boy wanted to work for the Donum  this time around. Whatever is going on I hate it," I reply kissing the top of Harry's head near his wound.

"Well that's bull shit! I hate this. They get away with hurting and using Carriers all the time, it just doesn't seem fair. I mean Carriers are people not property. Nobody should have the right to own another person," Ruth snaps angrily.

"Louis, Harry and Zayn own Liam. When they married they also took ownership of Liam," Nicola reminds her. Neither Harry or I say anything for it is true. Technically speaking we do own Liam. 

"Ah Harry, Zayn can you come in here and help me?" Louis' words bring an end to our conversation with the Payne family. The tone of Louis' voice makes me raise an eyebrow something is up.

Harry uncurls himself from me and carefully moves keeping Jeremiah close to him cautious to not disturb him from his sleep. 

We follow Louis down the hall to the makeshift hospital room where Liam is still staying. Liam is sitting up in bed tears running down his eyes and hand on his belly. The room smells of vomit making me scrunch up my nose in distaste.

Getting closer to Liam I notice that he got sick on the bed. There is vomit all down his shirt, on the sheets, all over his mouth and some even on the floor. His brow is soaked with sweat and he is trembling.

"What happened?!" I ask rushing over to him with Harry beside me as soon as he put Jeremiah in his crib.

"I don't know, I woke up feeling sick to my stomach and threw up everywhere. I am so sorry," he sobs looking lost and defeated.