The Next Step

Twins 1 year 9 months

Elisa 7 months

Liam's POV

"I swear if he leaves one more nasty ass letter in my house like this I'm going to go there and kick his ass myself. This is just digesting!" Heather bellows as she walks into my home with a basket of clean laundry on her hip and another one of Dr. Betts' letters in her hands.

"What does it say this time?" I ask coming around the counter to snatch the letter from her hands. I rip it open and find the typical nastiness of Dr. Betts inside.

"Read it aloud!" Louis orders from where he sits on the living room floor with the twins.

Precious,

I think of you constantly everyday. I ache to see you, to run my wand over you, I can not wait to feel your soft skin beneath my fingertips. Have you gotten pregnant again yet? I so hope so, I can just imagine your swollen belly, you vulnerability, how your belly button will puff out. I stroke myself each night imagining you and even writing this letter my mind goes wild.

Let me care for you precious. Let me love you. Let me work on. Let me experiment with you.

I toss the letter on the counter feeling disgusted and self conscious. I move to the kitchen to continue making lunch even with my hands shaking like leaves.

"Deep breath, babe. He is there, you are here, safe in my arms, under our watchful eyes, with our bouncing laughing babies, here you are safe," Zayn whispers in my ear wrapping his arms around me kissing my neck gently.

"I know it just creeps me out. It's like getting fan mail from forty year old males that talk about things that should never be written down or being touched by some parent of a fan in an inappropriate way," I reply as I slap some jelly and peanut butter on some bread.

"I always hated ones like that. Creepy as hell," Louis says shivering as he grabs Luke some juice from the fridge.

"Ama, Elisa is hungry and isn't feeling too good. I think she might have a ear infection," Harry says coming over to me with a distract Elisa in his arms. He keeps trying to calm her down but nothing is helping.

I hand the butter knife over to Zayn for him to finish the sandwiches while I take care of our baby girl.

"Aw what's wrong Elisa? Don't you feel good. Do you want Ama to make it all better for you?" I ask her kissing her cheek and cuddling her close. She reaches up grabbing onto my shirt tugging at it wanting her lunch.

I settle down on the living room floor by the twins. I unbutton my shirt letting little Elisa latch on to me as she hungrily drinks. I rub her back gently, humming to her hoping it will help calm her down. I continue doing that while I check her ear. There is some fluid inside and when I touch it she flips out letting go and putting her hand on my finger trying to get it away.

"Shi it's okay baby girl. Ama would never hurt you," I assure her kissing her head letting her go back to her lunch.

"She has been fussy all day. Poor baby probably isn't feeling well. Dr. Winchester will be here at 1:00 so hopefully then he can give her some medicine to help her feel better," Harry says settling on the floor beside me as Luke toddlers over to him a zippy cup in his hand.

"Hi Luke. What do you got there?" he asks me tickling Luke making him squeal.

"Juice," he squeals settling down on Harry's lap, "Drink?" he asks offering to Harry.

"Mmm thank you," Harry says when Luke lets him take it and take a tiny sip.

"Or welcome, " he replies settling down in his daddy's lap sucking on his sippie cup.